• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I don't know why people make gutting a deer so complicated. You can do whatever you want, but all I use is a nice sharp small folder with a narrow blade. Cut around the anus as far back as you can get from the outside before you do anything else. Open up the abdomen, and do like SOMDSHOOT suggests with the wind pipe. It all comes right out in a nice pile, and you finish around the anus from the inside. Done.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    i have the hump to pull it into the air by myself.
    I suggest shoot bigger deer.

It is easier for me to have the front legs in the air, tied to a tree or hoist.
    We use a hoist off the back of a truck, but when I go in the woods, I bring a small rope for this.
    AND PEROXIDE, ETC... just me. might even use a life vest while canoeing.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I don't know why people make gutting a deer so complicated. You can do whatever you want, but all I use is a nice sharp small folder with a narrow blade. Cut around the anus as far back as you can get from the outside before you do anything else. Open up the abdomen, and do like SOMDSHOOT suggests with the wind pipe. It all comes right out in a nice pile, and you finish around the anus from the inside. Done.

It's not complicated. You and I both agree on that. It's just that everyone does it different, some guys learned by doing, some guys learned by reading, but, I still don't get the tie it to a tree thing. I get in there, get the deer dressed, flip it over, drain it out a bit, and get on down the road. I don't use a zip tie, parachute cord, or any of that stuff either. There's no reason to. However, when I get back to the walk-in the Deer does get hung up and washed out with the hose before it goes in the walk-in to get leaves, dirt, trash off the inside.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I suggest shoot bigger deer.

It is easier for me to have the front legs in the air, tied to a tree or hoist.
    We use a hoist off the back of a truck, but when I go in the woods, I bring a small rope for this.
    AND PEROXIDE, ETC... just me. might even use a life vest while canoeing.
    Nice Doe!!:thumbsup:

Be glad where not women... you'd be unfriended for arguing about our arguing.

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom