• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I never advocated for breaking the dumb law and certainly don't ( even if it's an illegal law) .. point missed by those who I was referring to...

back to my point about most of the attitudes on this forum and in the gun-owning 'fake RKBA' community. Oh yeah I said 'fake'.

Glad to see the predictable characters come out in force.. nothing like a pattern..

As far as owning full auto - anyway I would not want it. Aimed fire and Sgt Plumley's rule will govern ....

Virtue signaling.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    back to my point about most of the attitudes on this forum and in the gun-owning 'fake RKBA' community. Oh yeah I said 'fake'.

In the interests of the fleeting endorphin rush you get while flogging other people here, you're transparently pretending you don't know the difference between holding a principled position and recognizing current reality (with its attending legal jeopardy). Adults can make the distinction.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Hardest part about coming onto these forums to get info and get a pulse of things is seeing how most of the people who consider themselves defenders of freedom and our rights (esp RKBA) seem to have happily joined in with our slave-masters' society in calling people "stupid" when they have done something that is completely in concert with our Constitutional rights.

A law passed that is out of sorts with the Constitution is in itself invalid.

Instead of bring up the above fact, and promoting the idea that the NFA law is stupid - as are the people who support it.. you join in the effort to diminish the man who tries to live freely.. it's a simple distraction away from your knowledge that you/we are slaves and sheep and choose comfort over freedom.

By doing so, you support gun control and our continued enslavement more effectively than Sarah Brady ever did.

You don't have to have lived before 1934 to understand history.. but again people who don't understand history or their own place and role in it are.......

well, you know the word..

..finally..and how about those 'stupid people' who express their opinion publicly...and suffer for it. I guess they should have never said something... those stupid people.

Where is the like button? I'll use this: :thumbsup:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I have often thought about, though never acted on (cough, AFT leave me alone), this idea. I was wondering if something like using a HK auto sear pack for a push latch, push unlatch cabinet door was something that could be done. The answer is yes, as long as you don't own the actual gun. Like a MP5 or the sort.

Owning an auto sear by itself is not illegal as long as you don't own the firearm. The AFT would have to prove constructive intent. It's not clear to me how the seller is responsible for what folks do with the "coat hanger". If he owned an AR15 then sure, he is likely breaking some kind of unconstitutional law. I can mail order professional grade, purpose built, full auto parts (sears, trigger packs, etc.) on-line right now with no questions asked. (I haven't.) But, it's my responsibility as a gun owner to know and obey the law. NOT the seller.

I am not a lawyer so tell me I am wrong.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Hardest part about coming onto these forums to get info and get a pulse of things is seeing how most of the people who consider themselves defenders of freedom and our rights (esp RKBA) seem to have happily joined in with our slave-masters' society in calling people "stupid" when they have done something that is completely in concert with our Constitutional rights.

A law passed that is out of sorts with the Constitution is in itself invalid.

Instead of bring up the above fact, and promoting the idea that the NFA law is stupid - as are the people who support it.. you join in the effort to diminish the man who tries to live freely.. it's a simple distraction away from your knowledge that you/we are slaves and sheep and choose comfort over freedom.

By doing so, you support gun control and our continued enslavement more effectively than Sarah Brady ever did.

You don't have to have lived before 1934 to understand history.. but again people who don't understand history or their own place and role in it are.......

well, you know the word..

..finally..and how about those 'stupid people' who express their opinion publicly...and suffer for it. I guess they should have never said something... those stupid people.

∆∆∆∆∆ this guy gets it.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    What part of what the guy did wasn’t stupid? Asking for a friend.

Mainly this
    "A law passed that is out of sorts with the Constitution is in itself invalid."

Now don't get me wrong, the guy was stupid. I'm not saying he wasn't. I am however saying that if enough people thought that quote meant something a jury would not be able to convict...essentially making the invalid law, well...invalid.

As long as we the people side with the invalid law and the instructions from the judge....the guy will be guilty.

Also, don't forget...and this is most important>>>>>>someday our kids will get the same punishment for having a standard magazine as this guy got for what he had.(<<<that's the long game of our enemy)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mainly this
    "A law passed that is out of sorts with the Constitution is in itself invalid."

Now don't get me wrong, the guy was stupid. I'm not saying he wasn't. I am however saying that if enough people thought that quote meant something a jury would not be able to convict...essentially making the invalid law, well...invalid.

As long as we the people side with the invalid law and the instructions from the judge....the guy will be guilty.

Also, don't forget...and this is most important>>>>>>someday our kids will get the same punishment for having a standard magazine as this guy got for what he had.(<<<that's the long game of our enemy)

I don’t think people here, generally, are siding with an unconstitutional law, just pointing out the brazen stupidity of the guy in the story. Yes, jury nullification on this would be a fantastic outcome. The chances of that are minuscule. There are battles worth fighting, risks worth taking, and some that just aren’t.

Calling people out as though they are somehow not in favor of the 2A as penned for making fun of this guy is just plain dumb. Just my opinion, and certainly meaning you no offense.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Two different parallel discussions :

What ought to be under the law & the Constitution .

What is very predictable to result in your arrest and conviction .

If you WANT to engage in Civil Disobedience , persue a Test Case , etc , that is certainly within your Free Will . Just do so with your eyes open , and be prepared to carry through with the predictable results .

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    It's sad the number of people cheering for this sick demonstration of unconstitutional enforcement from ATF. We can recognize the guy's failures without kicking him while he's down. It's this lack of resolve or care that allows the ATF and the NFA to even be a thing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's sad the number of people cheering for this sick demonstration of unconstitutional enforcement from ATF. We can recognize the guy's failures without kicking him while he's down. It's this lack of resolve or care that allows the ATF and the NFA to even be a thing.

Who is cheering? People are mostly laughing at him for being an idiot. Police seize your homemade DIAS without a warrant from your home in the middle of the night? Infringement. You get arrested after putting your DIAS up for sale on Etsy? You are an idiot.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Who is cheering? People are mostly laughing at him for being an idiot. Police seize your homemade DIAS without a warrant from your home in the middle of the night? Infringement. You get arrested after putting your DIAS up for sale on Etsy? You are an idiot.

Can't fix ugly and you can't fix stupid. Just ask Lady GaGa.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I'm just looking at it from a perspective of what this is about. A piece of plastic anyone can make with a 3d printer. He's dumb for getting caught selling these, but seriously, in a perfect world I don't think he should be charged for a crime. It's not even a firearm.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm just looking at it from a perspective of what this is about. A piece of plastic anyone can make with a 3d printer. He's dumb for getting caught selling these, but seriously, in a perfect world I don't think he should be charged for a crime. It's not even a firearm.

I don’t disagree. Technically, if you do not possess an AR, possession of a DIAS is OK. Advertising it? Silly. I hope he gets off. Still an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom