• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Too late, I'm subscribed to 4 different C19 threads on MDS. Alerts go off every few seconds

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Too late, I'm subscribed to 4 different C19 threads on MDS. Alerts go off every few seconds

I know. Some folks stay glued to their favorites but, after awhile, I get tired of hearing the BS. It's already difficult enough to separate the BS from the reality when you're being bombarded 24/7 but with me, it gets to the point of over-saturation. That's when I change the channel, bro. I've binge-watched so much Curb Your Enthusiasm and Vikings the past week, I'm ready for some good WW II documentaries.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I've been checking College Confidential these days (oldest kid is waiting on college admissions decisions and some schools surprise with early dates), and they have two very busy COVID-19 threads. One is a monster. Several hundred posts a day. Try to avoid looking at it when I visit, lol.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC

I've been checking College Confidential these days (oldest kid is waiting on college admissions decisions and some schools surprise with early dates), and they have two very busy COVID-19 threads. One is a monster. Several hundred posts a day. Try to avoid looking at it when I visit, lol.

I was where you are a few years ago. That site can be poison.

If your kid does the greek thing, wait until you discover Greekrank. Now that IS poison, but also hilarious.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I was where you are a few years ago. That site can be poison.

If your kid does the greek thing, wait until you discover Greekrank. Now that IS poison, but also hilarious.
    I only went because he doesn't share much info. I'm afraid to discover more forums, lol.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wife did early morning grocery runs in Frederick starting at 6am. No fresh chicken anywhere - Wegmans, Giant, and Common Market included. Frozen veggies almost wiped out.

Wegmans did have their own brand of disinfecting wipes available. (Easy enough to make your own with paper towels and 10% bleach of course.)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My first panic buy...:innocent0

Attachments

• booz.jpg
      booz.jpg
      87 KB · Views: 576

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    The question for me is, how many New gun buyers there are? How many democrats are buying guns? I hope quite a lot in both cases.

All of us who own guns should stand down and let them go before us. At this point we would be buying firearms for specific rooms. Lol

We need Dems armed, otherwise perceptions of firearms will slowly not be in our favor, or always too close to a 50/50 split. Even my liberal brother was asking me to go to the shooting range this weekend. You make a good observation.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I have been inundated with "so...I've been thinking of buying a gun..." conversations since Friday. Agreed to go to the LSG with a good friend of mine tomorrow, we'll see how insane it is.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    [Kev308];5818403 said:
    At this point we would be buying firearms for specific rooms.

Uh, I just did an inventory the other day and uh... I'm waaaaay past that point if you compare the number of pew pews and the number of rooms in my house. :D

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yeah I have so many mags and ammo that... I could part with them for
    TP and .... no no no, not happening!

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    2013 proved that you need to keep a good stock of ammo on hand. It took years, before you could buy ammo at a good price. Keeping at least a year or twos worth on hand is something we all should be doing. Stocking up on survival food is expensive, but it keeps away any anxiety of the kinds of bumps we are going though. Electicity is the biggie, but it isn't the end of the world if it goes. As long as you have a good water source, you should be good to go. I have a good supply of books to read.

Medical supplies are a biggie. My grandson has type 1 diabetes. The thought of him running out of insulin is what worries me most.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Uh, I just did an inventory the other day and uh... I'm waaaaay past that point if you compare the number of pew pews and the number of rooms in my house. :D

I thought it was more guns than wife's shoes/boots.
    I was in Basspro to get a shotgun case and the queue at the gun counter was 20 people. This was at lunch time thursday.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    The wife went to the store yesterday. She said the only things that the Weis in Edgewater was sold out of was paper towels and regular bottled water. There was still some "fancy" water left tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom