• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Proposed CoF for Next Match -- 16 MAR @ 0900

As Gunny noted above, we have cancelled this weekend's match, slipping it until March. All predictions are that this Sunday is gonna be just too darned cold to be much fun, especially with our feet sunk into slushy-mud in the Pits.:sad20:

The planned CoF is attached. Note that we're gonna work HARD to start the match on-the-dot at 0900 and move the shooters through more expeditiously than before.:fingerscrossed: So please show-up by 0850 at the latest, thanks.:thumbsup:

Also, the NSSF has taken-over this program from Ruger and has made a few minor tweaks. See the current rules here.

Attachments

• RF Steel CoF - Stages for 16 MAR 2014.pdf
      1.2 MB · Views: 116

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I didn't see it in the new rules. Saw cowboy, but not manually operated.

Yep. That decision was made for State- and National-level matches. The reason was the relatively low level of participation in this class.:sad20:

However, I've talked to the NSSF and they are perfectly OK with us continuing to recognize this class in our local monthly matches.:tdown:

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    1. Is the match scheduled for Sunday 16 March still a go?

2. I assume that new rule 2.3.6 (There must be at least three (3) participants in a given category for that category to be recognized in a match) will NOT apply to our local events (following the logic of the post above mine).

YD215

Nov 30, 2013
    Hollywood
    First Timer

Hello This is my first post on this site.
    I plan on attending the rimfire match his sunday 3/16/14 for the first time. Is there anything special I should know or what to bring? Should I bring a chair, tent, food, money, any specific equipment I should bring? Any help to make this first experiance that much more enjoyable would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    I plan on attending the rimfire match his sunday 3/16/14 for the first time. Is there anything special I should know or what to bring? Should I bring a chair, tent, food, money, any specific equipment I should bring? Any help to make this first experiance that much more enjoyable would be much appreciated.

Thank You

I recommend:

Food, fluids, chair. It can be a long event.

You need: Hearing and eye protection. If there are three stages you need @ 300 rounds (330 if you shoot 11 rounds in each stage). If there are four stages you need @440.

You need money to pay the entry fee (you pay when you get there).

You need gun cases. We keep our firearms cased unless we are at the shooters table.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    It would be great if you had 5 mags for rifle and pistol. You can do it with 2 or 3 but it slows the process down. Never take the gun out of the bag until you are at the shooting table.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    and make sure the pistol/rifle is unloaded in the case. the safety officer will tell you when to uncase it and to load & make ready.

your mags can be loaded (10 for pistol & 11 for rifle), just not inserted into the firearm.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Beancounter said:
    1. Is the match scheduled for Sunday 16 March still a go?

Yep. Weather should be decent -- in the 40s with only a 20% chance of rain. :D

Beancounter said:
    2. I assume that new rule 2.3.6 (There must be at least three (3) participants in a given category for that category to be recognized in a match) will NOT apply to our local events (following the logic of the post above mine).

Yes -- you got it exactly right. We're free to be less restrictive at local matches. But if you're shooting cowboy-class then you gotta wear a cowboy-hat.

By the way, the current prize-gun is shown in the attachment.

Thank You

Welcome to Sanner's and welcome to this event.:party29:

Everybody else is giving great advice. Lemme add a couple of (probably unnecessary) points.

And bring both a rifle and a pistol. We have loaner guns if needed.

This weekend's event is 4 stages, so you'll need pretty-much a full brick of ammo. We sometimes have ammo for sale (at cost), but I don't think that we'll have any this time around.

The main-gate is manned and open from ~0815 - ~0855. Be sure to introduce yourself when we meet face-to-face.

We usually have coolers of bottled water. We often have coffee and truck-tire-sized donuts. Contributions for these are on the honor-system.

See you on Sunday AM,

John

Attachments

• Rimfire Steel Match Prize Gun Flyer - Beretta ARX-160.pdf
      506 KB · Views: 131

YD215

Nov 30, 2013
    Hollywood
    Thanks for all the good tips. I looks like the big form of advise is to keep your weapon in the case at all times. Question what if you need to work on your firearm? is there a location to clean or make small adjustments? I know Safety is the number one goal. Is there a warm up prior to the match? I look forward to having a good time.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    There is a safe area for working on your gun. It will be explained at the safety briefing. No
    "Warm up" prior to match. To make it easier on the organizers, please try to bring correct change.

Gunny1998

(This Space for Rent)
    Apr 20, 2013
    St. Marys County
    There is a safe area for working on your gun. It will be explained at the safety briefing. No
    "Warm up" prior to match. To make it easier on the organizers, please try to bring correct change.

We need to recruit this guy .....

I will be an RO for one of the stages, maybe at the registration table too, please introduce yourself when you see me.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Match Report for Today's Event

Today's turnout was a bit depressed, likely by the cold and threatening weather. But we had the honor of welcoming some new shooters and had an enjoyable time at today's event.

Question: Is the scheduling for next month's match on Easter Sunday going to severely depress attendance, or is participating in such a match perceived as a great way of celebrating the glory of Creation? Whattya think?

Match report for today follows:

Attachments

• SLSC-NSSF RF Steel Challenge Match Report -- 16 MAR 2014.JPG
      SLSC-NSSF RF Steel Challenge Match Report -- 16 MAR 2014.JPG
      123.3 KB · Views: 125

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Dave did very well today.. he earned the $50,000 price money.. oh wait.. nm.. haha

Congrats to the winners!

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I traded the 50k for coffee and 2 donuts!:) another fun match today. Thanks to all who put in on. Kinda getting used to this cold shooting .

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I traded the 50k for coffee and 2 donuts!:) another fun match today. Thanks to all who put in on. Kinda getting used to this cold shooting .

somebody is after your winning next time... just a friendly head up.. no.. not me..

cough.. cough.. gio.. cough.. cough.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom