• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I recently had a chance to take my new 229 EE out to Hap Baker the other day.

I fired about 300 rounds through the handgun and it was a treat. I, as I do with other Sigs, had some problems locating that first round on the DA/SA trigger pull.

The E2 grips on the firearm just work for me. I also like the beavertail as it allow me to get high on the already high bore axis of the Sig. The only downside is as I got a bit more comfortable with the gun I saw I was shooting to the right and at times a bit high. I solved the high issue by leveling off the gun as I did not have equal height and light on the sights. The to the right eluded me but I believe it was to much trigger finger.

The gun ran about 30 rounds of WWB 9mm and the rest were 115grain PPU. Not one issue with any of the rounds fired.

I got this gun to replace the Gen 4 G19 that I sold as I was tired of taking one out of every two or three casings to the forehead. I was a bit disappointed that out of the 300 rounds I did have 2 or 3 casings hit my arm but none were straight back into my face like the Glock.

What impressed me most about the firearm is when I got home to clean it. I had cleaned it and lubed it prior to shooting but I did not really examine it. I was really surprised as how "beefy" the internals and slide rail on the frames are. It seems like they over sized everything compared to my MP's and Glocks and even the other Sig 2340 I shoot.

The SRT trigger in the new Sigs is just awesome. Even with the 1 round every 2 seconds rule you can still get into a good pattern with it. The break on the trigger was smooth and crisp and not "mushy" or gritty like my other guns.

The 229 has changed my views on Sigs. I've fired a 2340 and it left me less then impress with Sigs. I'm now considering getting a 229 in .40 so I can use .357Sig in it as well.

The cost on these guns are a bit more then a Glock or MP or other comparable firearm. However I think it was far more refined and beefy then either firearm. I'm a converted fan and this firearm will likely replace my winter time carry gun.

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    I am looking at picking up that same gun here soon myself. Glad I hear you like it! I have a 226 .40 now and am thinking the little bit smaller 229 in a 9mm is what I'd like!

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    229's are sweet. I have a 229R w n/s. Its not my g22 but its damn close. At the moment my usual ccw. They are great guns. I love mine. I have considered that srt for a while. Either on the 220 or 229.

Post pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom