• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I was looking at bullet guides to install on my 7.62x39. I've checked and its round.

Google shows Carolinashooters and Dinzag arms as the first ones that pop up.

Any difference between the two or is metal metal?

Anyone have issues installing one of have issues with it working its way out?

I planned on shaving the mag release as opposed to messing with AK mags as I plan on getting a SGL and would prefer not having different AK mags.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Name Taken said:
    I was looking at bullet guides to install on my 7.62x39. I've checked and its round.

Google shows Carolinashooters and Dinzag arms as the first ones that pop up.

Any difference between the two or is metal metal?

Anyone have issues installing one of have issues with it working its way out?

I planned on shaving the mag release as opposed to messing with AK mags as I plan on getting a SGL and would prefer not having different AK mags.

I've heard of people adding a screw to the front hole on a standard AK mag and having that work as a bullet guide. Low cost option.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    either will work, really. the bullet guide is never really put under much stress, its just a shelf for the case to ride on so the nose of the bullet lifts into the chamber. i have a dinzag one in my saiga 223, install is fairly simple, info on that is easy enough to find...just take your time. i would also recommend using some type of glue on the threads of the screw and between the bullet guide itself and the trunnion AFTER to make sure it functions fine...last thing you want to do is glue it all in and find an issue with it.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    When you drill use a drill press and clean the hole repeatedly. Use a proper lubricant. Tap threads very slowly, clean the hole out frequently like every 1/4 turn or you will break the drill bit or taps off in the hole and that will really suck. The metal is very hard.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Get whichever guide is cheaper, there is no difference in performance. Guys have even used 1/2 galvanized pipe with success.

Tapped properly and with a little red Loctite that screw is never coming out on its own.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Press not absolutely necessary, but helps keeping everything square. Tapping is the hard part.

Yeah I've seen a few video's....the other problem is I dont have a vise either...or a work bench for that matter....I'll be farming this one to a buddy's house probably.

Indian Head sounds like a long drive from me...thanks though.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Yeah I've seen a few video's....the other problem is I dont have a vise either...or a work bench for that matter....I'll be farming this one to a buddy's house probably.

Indian Head sounds like a long drive from me...thanks though.

as long as it gets done :thumbsup:

make sure to post pictures and a report of how it went :)

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Got it installed a few days ago.

Rather simple...only had Blue loctite in stock so I used that. I'm going to monitor it closely while shooting and if it loosens any I'll remove it and apply red.

I like the rather Mini14/30 look of a non converted rifle with the 30 rounder hanging down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom