• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Ice machines and heat pumps are the hardest to work on. You need to bite the bullet and spend money. Also there are several vastly different control/production schemes in commercial machines. You need to identify ahead of time that the company knows how to service your brand ... Manitowoc, Ice-o-matic, Hoshizaki ... dramatically different from Carrier, York, Trane on AC.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I'm well aware.. lost my old guy I've used for years and now have no recommendations . Need someone soon and I don't mind paying. Didn't post here to "save money".

For reference it's a Hoshizaki

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Good when working!

Defrost alarm is stuck and won't reset. The coils are freezing up into a block of ice. :/

Only one thing causes this ... defective water valve. Almost always caused by trying to run the machine without a water filter.

Turn the machine off and let the 70 pounds of ice melt by itself, replace your water filter ... admit to the guy who comes to fix it that you ran it without the water filter and ask him to replace the water valve.

I was tempted to post this at the very top, on a wild guess. I would have been right!!

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Only one thing causes this ... defective water valve. Almost always caused by trying to run the machine without a water filter.

Turn the machine off and let the 70 pounds of ice melt by itself, replace your water filter ... admit to the guy who comes to fix it that you ran it without the water filter and ask him to replace the water valve.

I was tempted to post this at the very top, on a wild guess. I would have been right!!

Thanks Mark! Let me try that today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom