• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    Because it benefits powerful interests that he be tried.

Andrew

Because he in his own words shot a kid who he thought was reaching for his gun. Didn't touch the gun but it felt the kid was running his hand down his right side to grasb his gun. He trapped the kids arm drew his weapon and fired. None of the kids DNA was found on the firearm. Yeah that's a good shooting...not really. If did that on or off duty I would have been crucified.

That version is from his videotaped walk through at the scene.

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Because he in his own words shot a kid who he thought was reaching for his gun. Didn't touch the gun but it felt the kid was running his hand down his right side to grasb his gun. He trapped the kids arm drew his weapon and fired. None of the kids DNA was found on the firearm. Yeah that's a good shooting...not really. If did that on or off duty I would have been crucified.

Ha, ha, ha. :lol2:

Yeah, that's what happened.

I assume you're vision impaired? Didn't see the photographic evidence of the beating Martin laid down on Zimmerman?

Not aware that Martin had knocked Zimmerman to the sidewalk, broken his nose, beat on him relentlessly "MMA-style" according to witness statements in evidence? That Martin didn't stop beating Zimmerman's head into the concrete until Zimmerman's Kel-Tec compelled him to stop?

That's cool. :lol2:

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    ThOTE=Law of Self Defense;2494906]Ha, ha, ha. :lol2:

I assume you're vision impaired? Didn't see the photographic evidence of the beating Martin laid down on Zimmerman?

Not aware that Martin had knocked Zimmerman to the sidewalk, broken his nose, beat on him relentlessly "MMA-style" according to witness statements in evidence? That Martin didn't stop beating Zimmerman's head into the concrete until Zimmerman's Kel-Tec compelled him to stop?

That's cool. :lol2:[/QUOTE]

That's great but that's not why he stated he shot him. He said he shot because he felt him reaching for his firearm. Its hard to claim the victim when in a you put your self in harms way and its not the same as a scantly clad women being assaulted because of the way she is dressed or walking down a dark street and getting robbed. In his infinite wisdom he disobeyed the direction of law enforcement and put himself in harms way. The reasoning behind his intent will be the key to this trial not our perceived intent.

And just to give a bit of my background I have been in two justified on duty shooting in 13 year career one of which resulted in a death. This in no way makes me an expert but it gives me more insight than some.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Andrew,

Thanks for the great summaries. They're very enlightening.

But also a bit scarey. These are the sorts of people who are going to be making up the jury pool???

Blawson

Apr 18, 2013
    Severn
    Bill oreilly said that fox is going to have unbiased and fair coverage of the case. Hope they stay true to their word.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    This might be a bit off topic, but why is he being tried in the first place?

ThOTE=Law of Self Defense;2494906]Ha, ha, ha. :lol2:

That's cool. :lol2:

That's great but that's not why he stated he shot him. He said he shot because he felt him reaching for his firearm. Its hard to claim the victim when in a you put your self in harms way and its not the same as a scantly clad women being assaulted because of the way she is dressed or walking down a dark street and getting robbed. In his infinite wisdom he disobeyed the direction of law enforcement and put himself in harms way. The reasoning behind his intent will be the key to this trial not our perceived intent.

And just to give a bit of my background I have been in two justified on duty shooting in 13 year career one of which resulted in a death. This in no way makes me an expert but it gives me more insight than some.[/QUOTE]

This has been discussed on the Zimmerman race baiting thread...it was the 911 caller not law enforcement Zimmerman was talking to...:deadhorse:

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    How can anyone question if this was a justified shooting and in self defense when you look at the picture of Zimmermans nose smashed on his face and the back of his head bleeding from having it banged against the curb? Martin did this to him and that is why he got shot and is dead!!!

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    In his infinite wisdom he disobeyed the direction of law enforcement and put himself in harms way.

That's a patent lie. Not one shred of evidence to support this claim. Just another element of the Crump disinformation and propaganda campaign. Repeating the lie over and over again doesn't make it any more true.

In any case, our all-day, live coverage will be starting up again today right when Court goes into session, typically shortly after 9AM. Go to the home page of www.legalinsurrection.com if your interested in following along. And, of course, we'll have our daily summary post up this evening, as usual.

Yesterday had some pretty explosive revelations, what with jurors R69 and E7, it will be interesting to see what the Zimmerman trial brings us today.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    It turns out the best line to come out of the Zimmerman trial yesterday might have been delivered after the Court had recessed for the day.

Attorney Benjamin Crump, advisory to the Martin family, announced to the press that, ""The evidence shows there is no blood on Trayvon's hands."

I guess he hasn't seen this picture:

zimmerman_scene_photo-M.jpg

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I would suggest that propagating untruths is not "disagreeing."

He's entitled his own opinion, as are all of us. He's not entitled to his own facts.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Lerlactl

Oct 17, 2010
    I would suggest that propagating untruths is not "disagreeing."

He's entitled his own opinion, as are all of u He's not entitled to his own facts.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Since we're talking facts now; let's try this one. If Zimmerman wouldn't have followed Martin or confronted him none of this would have happened (Fact). He's a wanna be cop and he's gonna burn for what he did, either in this world or the next (Opinion).

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    If Zimmerman wouldn't have followed Martin or confronted him none of this would have happened (Fact).

There is no evidence, none, zilch, zero, that Zimmerman ever followed Martin in any way other than maintaining observation from a distance while simultaneously on the phone with police to talk them into the scene, nor that Zimmerman confronted Martin--indeed, the available evidence says that Martin confronted Zimmerman.

So, sorry, your statement is not a "fact", it's just another of the lies promulgated by the Crump disinformation machine. Endlessly repeating the lie does not transform it into truth, it just makes one look silly and ill-informed--or deliberately biased, take your pick.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Using the word "lie", may be a bit strong at this juncture. When something is not based on fact or proven it's called a "hypothesis".

Not in court. In court it's called "Objection, speculation, facts not in evidence", and it's less than worthless.

We're not in a research laboratory here, we're in a trial to determine whether a man should be sentenced to 20 years in prison for murder 2.

I would suggest that if you were the defendant in this situation you'd prefer the State argue the facts, and not speculative "hypothesis". That is, after all, your Constitutionally-mandated due process right.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012

No, you wouldn't. If you were being beaten beyond your ability to defend yourself, and there was the slightest chance that the perp was going for your gun, there's not a department in the country that wouldnt stand by that shoot.

And how on earth would Martin's DNA get on a firearm that he was only 'reaching for', but that you, yourself, say he didn't touch? Your arguments hold no water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom