• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I’m making some changes to my 3 gun setup and wanted to double check with the group here to make sure I’m not crazy. Can I put a magazine extension on my semi auto shotgun that holds more than 10 rounds? It’s pretty critical for 3 gun to have as much buffer as you can get when loading but I limited myself to a 10 round tube previously. The law looks like it limits folding stocks, detachable magazines, and tubular mags on rifles. Thanks!

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    When did you purchase the shotgun? IANAL, but as long as it was purchased pre ban, wouldn't it fall under the same concept of us being unable to purchase 11 plus round mags here but can still own them?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    When did you purchase the shotgun? IANAL, but as long as it was purchased pre ban, wouldn't it fall under the same concept of us being unable to purchase 11 plus round mags here but can still own them?

WTF? You just can't purchase magazines over 10 rounds in state.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I’m making some changes to my 3 gun setup and wanted to double check with the group here to make sure I’m not crazy. Can I put a magazine extension on my semi auto shotgun that holds more than 10 rounds? It’s pretty critical for 3 gun to have as much buffer as you can get when loading but I limited myself to a 10 round tube previously. The law looks like it limits folding stocks, detachable magazines, and tubular mags on rifles. Thanks!

You are fine, you can add the longest extension made and still be good.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    It’s ok to own a Marlin 60 semi-auto that holds 14 in the tube. Is a tube on a shotgun still a tube? I can never trust MD law.

Yes as long as it’s not a rotating cylinder. Mossberg makes a 930 that’s 12+1 that will be coming to my safe soon. If the Federal shorty shells work in it then it becomes 18+1.

DE Cabela’s sales rep had to verify my model 60 was legal in MD when I bought it because of its tube capacity.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Fixed magazine (including tubular) capacity limits only apply to centerfire rifles.

All detachable magazines are limited to 10 rounds for purchase/transfer/manufacture in the state.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    And just is case......if I remember right, if you go HUNTING, I believe DNR limits shotguns to 3?..shells only, and tube/mag or whatever you want to call it must be "plugged" to only allow DNR maximum.....
    If that is wrong...I stand corrected....
    R

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    And just is case......if I remember right, if you go HUNTING, I believe DNR limits shotguns to 3?..shells only, and tube/mag or whatever you want to call it must be "plugged" to only allow DNR maximum.....
    If that is wrong...I stand corrected....
    R

limit of 3 for waterfowl/migratory birds. I don't think there's a limit for rabbits, squirrels etc

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    Yeah, I think the 3+Plug is just for birds.

Deer is 8 shells/cartridges max no plug needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom