New Jersey suit contends "justifiable need" means "all lawful purposes".

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Did I miss something? I dont even see a response from NJ?

It is in the realm of normalcy from what I have seen.

A state my not waste time on a response, since only a small number of cases are granted cert by the court.

The state will respond, if/when the court directs them to.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Seems very unusual to schedule conference without even NJ waiving response.

NJ's response deadline was 1 August. Failing to even waive a response is really thumbing their nose at the Court, I suspect it is a delaying tactic trying to not have this case be the one granted cert if NYSRPA is moot.

It could have been scheduled for the 1 October conference by the Clerk without input from any chamber. I expect we'll see a reply requested as soon as a clerk skims the petition while preparing for the conference, but that will not be due before NYSRPA is either mooted or definitely going to argument.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    NJ's response deadline was 1 August. Failing to even waive a response is really thumbing their nose at the Court, I suspect it is a delaying tactic trying to not have this case be the one granted cert if NYSRPA is moot.

It could have been scheduled for the 1 October conference by the Clerk without input from any chamber. I expect we'll see a reply requested as soon as a clerk skims the petition while preparing for the conference, but that will not be due before NYSRPA is either mooted or definitely going to argument.

Between NY and NJ, seems like they are daring the court. I doubt that will go over well.

How could they let this go unopposed? Its a no brainer, at least file a waiver and see what happens.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    My guess is they don't care and most likely not follow the ruling anyway. They have been finding ways of not following the rules so maybe this is just the new/latest thing they're trying. After all if they don't like the ruling who's going to force them? #resist

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    NJ has finally waived a response in this case. Now we wait to see the inevitable which is that Scotus will request a reply.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    response requested

69016293_10156507899546914_3304571391143051264_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl