• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Back in February I purchased the Ruger SR integrally silence Barrel for my Ruger 10/22 take down. I got my stamps in October and finally have had an opportunity to go out and put it through its paces. When I took it to the range the first thing I noticed was that the groups that it was shooting at 25 yards with Gemtech subsonic ammo were slightly tighter then with the standard Barrel that came with the rifle. Standard velocity CCI rounds ten shot group we're just a little larger than a quarter with the silenced Barrel I could easily cover Ten rounds with a quarter.

The rifle itself makes very little noise when fired. I did replace the steel Bolt stop pin with a nylon one other than that the bolt and Trigger group are Factory stock. With the subsonic ammunition the rifle is no louder than a paintball gun with the standard velocity CCI it's just tad bit more noisy but still stays quiet.

Like the standard takedown Barrel you cannot rest the barrel stock when shooting or the accuracy suffers. When shooting it it's best to hold the rifle with your off hand under the mag well..

after all the Bambi whacking is over I'm going to take it down to the farm and try to harvest some tree rats with it. I bought it specifically for killing squirrels around my tree stand. Unfortunately I did not get an opportunity to do that prior to the firearm season. It's going to have to wait until after the first of the year

So I don't have a lot of experience with silencers and I know there are silencer specifically built for 22 rifles with threaded barrels and they are probably far less expensive. This barrel was over $600 but it appears it will do the job that I purchased it for.

Last edited:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a 10/22 barrel from Thompson Machine called The Operative. Works really well. Very quiet. I got the Nylon bolt stop as well. Definitely quieter. We should get together sometime and compare noise or lack there of. :D

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Sounds awesome.

My Volquartsen Summit receiver just got to Baltimore’s Best Pawn, to go with the GemTech MIST they sold me in 2016. Looking to get into the integrally suppressed game myself!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a Mist T/D and love it. Also put an Kidd bolt stop and bolt as well as the Ruger BX trigger. It is stupid quiet. Not sure about the Ruger barrel, but be sure to loosen the suppressor cover every once in a while. I forgot to loosen mine after one lengthy range session. Went through hell trying to get it off a few weeks later.
    I never did any side by side tests, but to my failing ears, it is as quiet if not quieter than a 10/22 with a screw on can. Basically some action noise and a thud when it hits the berm with subs.

I have a Mist T/D and love it. Also put an Kidd bolt stop and bolt as well as the Ruger BX trigger. It is stupid quiet. Not sure about the Ruger barrel, but be sure to loosen the suppressor cover every once in a while. I forgot to loosen mine after one lengthy range session. Went through hell trying to get it off a few weeks later.
    I never did any side by side tests, but to my failing ears, it is as quiet if not quieter than a 10/22 with a screw on can. Basically some action noise and a thud when it hits the berm with subs.

The Ruger barrel and silencer is intergrated right in to the forestock. The takedown model comes apart (shoulder stock, receiver, trigger in one half, forestock and barrel in the other half) You do have to take it apart and clean it every so often. Right now it has less than 50 rounds through it.
    IMG_7864.jpg

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Good to hear. The bolt-action of the Summit receiver will remove that action noise. I'm hoping for pellet-gun quiet or better!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The Ruger barrel and silencer is intergrated right in to the forestock. The takedown model comes apart (shoulder stock, receiver, trigger in one half, forestock and barrel in the other half) You do have to take it apart and clean it every so often. Right now it has less than 50 rounds through it.
    IMG_7864.jpg

I was talking about just the suppressor side of things. I didn't know it uses baffles that are removable via the hex key in the end.
    Most T/D and 10/22 integral suppressors are mono core and have a removable sleeve over the mono core.
    I have a couple T/D's. I would really like to hear that bad boy next to other integrals....

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I would like to see this combo on a Ruger Charger take down if anyone has run across a picture.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’ll see if I can dig up a standard polymer takedown tomorrow out of the deactivated cage.

I wasn’t sure if it was your personal or corporate so didn’t want to say anything about the combo ;)

I have a Ruger Charger from when they first came out, obviously not take down and with a similar material. Is there a place on the silence to mount a bipod?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I wasn’t sure if it was your personal or corporate so didn’t want to say anything about the combo ;)

I have a Ruger Charger from when they first came out, obviously not take down and with a similar material. Is there a place on the silence to mount a bipod?

Sling swivel post..., now you have no reason NOT to buy a suppressor.... Get the ruger

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Sling swivel post..., now you have no reason NOT to buy a suppressor.... Get the ruger

I’m trying to also complete my Glock C collection, need a couple more Gen2/Gen4. One of the ones I need Glock only made 50 of! WTF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom