• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Oh man how much more is going to happen?. This year has been crazy

https://thehill.com/homenews/458101...ls-step-down-amid-spending-controversy-report

Three more officials have reportedly stepped down from the National Rifle Association (NRA) amid a spending controversy that continues to roil the gun rights lobbying group.

CNN reported Tuesday that country singer Craig Morgan and NASCAR team owner Richard Childress have both resigned from the gun group's board. The outlet cited sources with knowledge of the matter.

David Lehman, the deputy executive director and general counsel at the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, is also reportedly on the way out of the organization.

Morgan and Childress both functioned as prominent public faces for the organization, while Lehman filled the roll of top lobbyist since Chris Cox's resignation in June.

The exact reasons for Morgan and Lehman's departures were not immediately clear and the two did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment. The Hill has reached out the NRA for comment.

Childress wrote in a letter to NRA executives reported by NPR that "with great regret and a heavy heart" he would resign from the gun group's board and affiliated entities in order "to fully focus on my businesses."

"Since proudly agreeing to serve on the NRA Board, I have supported the organization and its important mission to preserve and protect our Constitutional rights. But when, as now, I am no longer able to be fully engaged in any commitment I have made, it becomes time for me to step down. I have reached that point in my ability to continue to serve the NRA," he wrote.

The departures are the latest in a steady stream of exits since the ouster of ex-President Oliver North amid accusations from longtime CEO Wayne LaPierre that he attempted to extort him over the NRA’s finances.

LaPierre himself has been a focus of scrutiny over his handling of the organization’s finances, most recently in connection to reported NRA discussions about buying him a $6 million home in the Dallas area.

Professional sport shooter Julie Golob announced last week she would not complete her full three-year term on the NRA board of directors.

The exodus from the NRA also comes amid increased pressure on the group which consistently lobbies against gun control in the wake of two mass shootings within a 24 hour period in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, earlier this month that left 31 dead.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    We need to get WL out before the next election or the NRA will be treated like blue eyed stepchildren.:sad20:

From my vantage point, the NRA has completed its mission by self destructing itself...

So much for Life Memberships...

Game over, we lose...

I can hardly wait for the Merry-Land General Ass(hole)embly to reconvene in January...

Not that the NRA did anything to help Merry-Land Gun Owners anyway...

Get ready to squirm...

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Sure wish the ones that have resigned would've instead gotten together & formed their own group to oust the dead wood & usher in a better organized bunch of leaders.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm beginning to think the resignations are "swamp draining" and "dead wood pruning" rather than anything else. But I agree, it's time for WLP to hit the road. Maybe a class action is in order?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    When any cause or fight is more about the leadership then the fight we have lost . The figure-heads should be humble and give others praise within any group and shy away from a "King Role" or all about me role .IMHO

WL and his wife have made the fight and cause more about them , they are selfish & foolish

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Funny how at the time a firearms rights group is needed most the biggest one is falling apart. Reminding me of how most shootings spontaneously rear their ugly head when a gun rights case is about to be taken up by SCOTUS. NRA needs to be repaired, quickly. I'm curious about the class action?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom