• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeldonHunter

Apr 27, 2011
    Louisiana
    With “friends” like this, who needs Dimocrats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This, this right here /\ Why are we even talking compromise? WTF? We've compromised enough in the past and what has it gotten us, right here compromising even more. No more. Just because society has unleashed these maniacs doesn't mean we need to disarm further just to make people feel like something is being done. A little give here, a little give there, BS. We're close to being unable to actually use the 2nd amendment for it's original purpose and that ain't deer hunting. I saw someone suggest giving them what they want in return for CCW reciprocity. What good is that going to do when they decide at some point to finish the job and completely disarm the American public? No more compromise, none.

WeldonHunter

Apr 27, 2011
    Louisiana
    The OP starts off with a hugely false assumption. I used to make the same one.

They are not, I repeat "not", interested in saving anyone's life. (or they are insanely bad at math). Nor are they interested in reducing the fear of the populace. This is a hard to imagine but an extremely important realization.

Why? Only ineffective solutions (more dead bodies) will continue to provide them with the political (emotional) support to enact even more laws. Imagine if UBC's fixed their imagined 'gun violence' problem perfectly. 100%. No insane person has shot up a school/business in 3 years. Do you think they would get behind Reciprocity or re-open the machine gun registry? Not in your wildest dreams. Ineffective solutions are the only path that allows them to make "incremental improvements".

Let's say that UBCs were the agreed upon price for reciprocity. We know that UBCs will not fix this. Reciprocity would become the reason why UBCs were unsuccessful at solving the "Gun Violence Epidemic". Now we must have additional National Training requirements for reciprocity so we can feel safe.

Maryland requires an FFL to perform a background check for private handgun sales. The reason Baltimore is on it's way to 300 homicides this year is because Virginia does not have the same requirement. Regardless of where the guns came from, Virginia is the cause of the problem and if we want to feel safe, it must be fixed. Ooops, the guns came from West VA. I guess we need more "solutions". Since BC's were never a solution, the problem won't be fixed.

A genuine solution means there is no reason to forcibly remove firearms from law abiding Americans. Armed Americans are independent Americans. Independent Americans are less likely to conform and that cannot be tolerated. So our families will pay the price. They'll move on to the next 'solution' until all means of self defense is gone. Then we'll conform.

Holy Crap!! This all makes to much sense and is all true. My head just exploded. When are people going to wake up. None of this is about safety, murders or responsible firearms ownership. It's about incremental removal of the 2nd amendment. It's death by a thousand cuts. I was never a conspiracy type of person and this isn't a typical conspiracy but it's a collective effort to disarm us so they can do whatever they want. "Free" college, healthcare, housing and money trees for the back yard.

bilagain

Apr 3, 2009
    Normally I stay and read and never speak up... as seen by my post count. If a handful of you out there recognize my user name, Hello.

Jumping right into this, we will never get anything meaningful in return for giving away more of our 2nd Amendment rights. Pretty much every one of us here knows that and its the same old song we hear every time. The reality is an evil person did a bad thing and a (group of) politician(s) wants to act out so they can say the did something and solved it. Facts don't matter, only the perception of action does. I am a Trump supporter and I am a little nervous but I will hold the line.

Because I got long winded, I copied this from the end to save you the trouble:

I think gun owners feel empowered like we haven't in a long time with President Trump in office. We need to remind the RINO's who put them in office and what we want. If its a Dem, tell them how we want them to vote or we will work against them! I am tired of giving and giving and giving on the 2nd Amendment and have been since the 1986 Ban!

In what, 2017, a evil man drove a large delivery truck through a crowd in Nice, France killing 83 and injuring over 400. Closer to home, New York in 2017 it was 8 killed and 11 injured and Toronto, Canada in 2018 with 10 killed and 16 injured. No "Red Flag" law is going to stop that. The one in France the guy killed the truck driver and stole the truck, the 2 here in north America they were rentals I believe. Unless there was some kind of undercover informant, stopping this kind of attack, if a random location is almost impossible.

Someone maybe back around page 3 or 4 said that we don't punish criminals enough and I must agree. The system is too lenient and too many exceptions are made. I am not saying "mandatory minimums" but if you do a violent crime, you need to do your full sentence. Things like the federal death penalty... I don't think thats a bad thing. Hearing inmates whine about how the method they will be put to death is cruel and inhumane is a joke. I can only imagine what your victims would be saying. Why so heartless? I am the victim of a violent crime. I was stabbed 13 times. The first night, the ER Dr's told my mother I was not going to make it through the night. The next day they told me I wasn't going to walk again. When I finished rehab 4 months later they said I might always need a cane. 30 years later I still don't need anything. You don't hear me saying "Ban all knives". You will hear me saying "Never stop fighting!"

The media and Hollywood need to do their part also but won't. I'm tired of actors/stars/whatevers making their anti-gun statements right after their big ultra-violent film just hit the box office. Suppressors and actions that are silent, magazines that never run out of ammo and .380 auto rounds that drop a fully grown man from 40 yards away with 1 shot don't help gun owners who just want to own and shoot these things. Thanks Hollywood for villainizing the gun that isn't tied to reality.

For Universal Background Checks, which I am 100% against, to work, you would need to have 100% firearm registration otherwise they wouldn't know if you were complying or not. I suppose you could start and do both at the same time. As to private party sales, it is a grey area that I do think needs some clarification. As it stands, selling 10 or more firearms a year or as a business/for profit and you need a FFL. Its not a point that's pushed and a good number of people do it and are not registered. Not throwing stones just saying it should be cleared up and see the light of day. If I want to gift my rifle to my son or lend one to my brother, screw a UBC and I'm not going to register my Grandfathers' 1903 Colt from WWI!

Looking at registration, specifically whats going on with New Zealand, their gun confiscation program is not working because the do not have gun registration. They tried registration a few times and people would not participate. Their government is now guessing at how many total firearms are in the country (1.1 million) and it sounds like there's closer to 3 million. Just a little discrepancy there.

The perception of modern sporting rifles is going to be hard to overcome. I don't care about bump stocks - while novel I found the one I tried to be meh. I do think its interesting that they were illegal before Obama and so were basically AR pistols in different forms and then under his watch both items became approved. Now the whole arm brace that you can shoulder without fear is an interesting legal question re: whats a SBR vs a AR (or AK) pistol. Was this a set up for a future legal challenge? I don't know but its got my attention.

Scary features from pistol grips to flash hiders which are really muzzle brakes... larger capacity magazines... black guns... how racist! Come on! Give me a brand new 12 gauge magnum Turkey shotgun, loaded up with 000 Buck, a pistol grip, paint it camo and put a muzzle brake on it and watch liberal heads explode because they won't know what to do about it. But most of the readers here will understand there's more power in that shotgun at close range per pull of the trigger than with most guns at close range from the sheer number of pellets discharged.

Sorry I got on a streak and I'm sure I missed stuff. Like disarming citizens...

I think gun owners feel empowered like we haven't in a long time with President Trump in office. We need to remind the RINO's who put them in office and what we want. If its a Dem, tell them how we want them to vote or we will work against them! I am tired of giving and giving and giving on the 2nd Amendment and have been since the 1986 Ban!

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Welcome back, Bilagain. Nice post.

Keep on fighting.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The NRA endorsed NFA, GCA, the Hughes Amendment, and ASKED for the Bumpfire Stock Ban.
    The NRA is a gun control organization. It's less blatant and slower than the rest, but the end result is the same.
    For all of you that believe, like the NRA, that saying "no" to anything proposed by the anti-gun types is a good idea, you're wrong.

Lol two diametric views of NRA.

This is why when people talk about the GOA or any other group replacing it they don't understand that any other groups would have as many or more problems with divergent views of gun owners.

LaPierre makes over $5million per year. You donors make the senior executives millionaires. How are you doing?
    Where do you live? I work in DC and know quite a few people who work in development/fundraising for non profts that make a fair amount more than that.

you sound like Dr Evil in Austin Powers saying "3 million dollars" like it is a billion dollars.

LaPierre and NRA problem had to do with those on the NRA board or leadership who were to be overseeing a major outside vendor, especially a vendor handling 2/3 of operations of the NRA, able to pipe money back, either though bribery or blackmail (that is what is not yet established). The issue was not the amount of compensation but something else.

people who are effective spokespeople and who raise a lot of money very often get more than a few million bucks per year.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    In what, 2017, a evil man drove a large delivery truck through a crowd in Nice, France killing 83 and injuring over 400!

Sure. And Andreas Lubitz murdered 150 people in France without a gun also. In fact of murders of 50 people or more, Europe has had three times as many in the past ten years than the US has had and 2/3 of those in Europe were without guns.

That said I notice you mention the 1986 law and others are saying our side doesn't get anything. We should know our facts, That 1986 legislation, FOPA, was in fact a compromise under which both sides got a significant thing they had been asking for.

I am not saying it is ideal or even that I personally think it was great, it does belie the claim we never get anything if we are smart.

This is MDshooters, ie we are in the northeast. This IS the region where the FOPA that was bundled with the 19886 full auto ban had the largest positive for gun owners; since many states in the region already banned new acquisition of machine guns, and also had nasty laws directly harming people traveling through the region. The small size of the states, plus the extant presence of state laws that got travelers arrested, made FOPA highest gain here. gun owners in Montana got less of a gain. here we arguably got a net gain.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Gun control has only ever come little bits at a time. The gun rights cake has been steadily nibbled away by idiots and reptiles for at least 85 years, and arguably longer.

No more. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom