• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Most of my sales are through PayPal, a check deposit by phone app with a few cash sales. Am I a business?

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Stop trying to show that business owners are at similar to risk to average Joes. The “rules” that MSP uses for CCW is that you can’t get one if you have the same level of risk as an average citizen. You need to be more at risk. So if you show that biz owners are at similar risk to average citizens you won’t get CCW for citizens. You’ll get it taken away from biz owners. This is MD, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Do you have an SDAT #?

Do you file a Schedule C?

How do show you are an actual business?

There are definitely lines of work in Maryland that do NOT require actual licensing. A license isn't the same as having a trade name or a DBA, or being on the books with the comptroller. That active business checking account and income from the business being declared on your taxes - those things matter. I run two business entities, neither of which requires a license (in the formal sense) per se. But I do have to keep those LLCs compliant every year. Which costs some money and is a recurring annoyance.

sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    Know what the differences are between (us) business owners and employees? Employees work so much harder and undergo employment responsibilities putting them into harms way much more frequently. Employees are on the frontlines with any business.

When someone calls me for an issue, I have a member of my team reach out. Employees are the lifeblood of any business.

It's most certainly unfair that business owners and responsible employees acting on behalf of business owners to not be assigned unrestricted permits.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Know what the differences are between (us) business owners and employees? Employees work so much harder and undergo employment responsibilities putting them into harms way much more frequently. Employees are on the frontlines with any business.

When someone calls me for an issue, I have a member of my team reach out. Employees are the lifeblood of any business.

It's most certainly unfair that business owners and responsible employees acting on behalf of business owners to not be assigned unrestricted permits.

I agree. But have they ruled out an employee (especially with the earnest support of the employer) getting their restrictions lifted? The issue here is the DEFAULT issuance of a restriction-free permit for the owner. Given the fact that restriction lifting is now a fact that even the new board can't pretend doesn't happen, one wonders if the employee (say, a full-time manager who essentially runs a location of the business, etc) with testimony from the manager about 24x7 on call, banking power, etc., can't get to the same place, permit-wise. Just not by default.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    MSP SOP now states:
    Restrictions
    Business owner: No Restrictions.

Perhaps a move to add

Business Owners Employees or
    Business Owners Managerial Employees or
    Business Owners Technicians or

We got a small step and should look to keep momentum going forward ... small steps ?

Did we ever hear who initiated this change in SOP? Hogan? haha

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    Thanks for sharing this great article. Logical and easy to read and understand...in other words everything MSP guidance, policy, and procedures are not as well as liberal Dems beliefs and reasons for anti2A actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom