• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Pretty sure we do, are there any members of Mayberry that would be willing to sponsor me so that I can join? Just throwing it out there...I don’t mind being on a waitlist

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Pretty sure we do, are there any members of Mayberry that would be willing to sponsor me so that I can join? Just throwing it out there...I don’t mind being on a waitlist

I'm a member and past president and could possibly assist you. Haven't been to a regular meeting in a while since I've been dealing with health issues with both of my parents the last couple years and the death of my mother last June.

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    I'm a member and past president and could possibly assist you. Haven't been to a regular meeting in a while since I've been dealing with health issues with both of my parents the last couple years and the death of my mother last June.

That would be pretty cool....family and self first, I’m not in a rush

duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    There is no such club.
    Mayberry Game Protective Association, is maybe what you are thinking about!
    Best way is to come out to many of the public shoots we have an meet the members and see if the club is right for you.
    Yes we have awaiting list

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Are you set on Mayberry or would another club open to members do ?
    I know Mayberry does have alot of shoots that appeals to people and what they're looking for in a club.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    As long as it can go past 300 yards and, at most, ah hour to hour and a half drive...

If you aren't dead set on Mayberry, Taneytown Rod and Gun club up past Taneytown has 100, 200, 300, and 400 yd target mounds. Meetings are the last Wednesday of the month at 7 if I recall. I missed the last one for back to school night.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    If you aren't dead set on Mayberry, Taneytown Rod and Gun club up past Taneytown has 100, 200, 300, and 400 yd target mounds. Meetings are the last Wednesday of the month at 7 if I recall. I missed the last one for back to school night.

Never knew there was a range in Taneytown. Can you shoot paper at 400?

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

cost?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Did a search on Mayberry and this is the most recent thread dealing with membership. So, I am resurrecting it to see if anybody can help.

I just moved to Westminster 2 months ago and Mayberry is 32 minutes from me. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Cannot find a website for it though. Would like to see when public shoots are taking place, when events are taking place, and how one becomes a member.

Can anybody direct me to a website, or give me any information on how I can go about obtaining the information I am looking for?

Thanks

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Mayberry shoots sporting clays first Sunday of the month --starting in the spring---open to the public---starts at 9am----good bunch of guys---they also do 5 stand there. I notice they have a new website-needs updated calendar--its about as bad as their old website. If you are in Westminster you might consider Littlestown Fish and Game--just over the state line up Rt 97

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Mayberry shoots sporting clays first Sunday of the month --starting in the spring---open to the public---starts at 9am----good bunch of guys---they also do 5 stand there. I notice they have a new website-needs updated calendar--its about as bad as their old website. If you are in Westminster you might consider Littlestown Fish and Game--just over the state line up Rt 97

Littlestown isn't that bad of a drive either. 36 minutes from me.

First issue I would have is taking NFA items to that range. Have to submit a form to the ATF every time since I am crossing state lines.

Other issue is that the rifle range is maximum 200 yards. Think I read last night that Mayberry goes out to 600.

If I cannot get into Mayberry any time soon, Littlestown would be my second choice.

My son and daughter were asking me this morning when we can shoot the pellet gun in the basement. Told them we can actually shoot it outside now. My brother, who lives in MoCo, thinks I can shoot clays, rifles, etc. on my property. Tried to explain to him that I have not bought a farm yet and if I did something like that, the county might actually have to pass an ordinance to prevent it, which I would really dislike. Anyway, just refreshing to be up here and out of most of the nonsense.

3aremine

Nov 6, 2017
    Mayberry Game is a nice club. If you decide to try and join they do have work hours that go along with membership. They are looking for workers. If the work credits aren't completed you will ne going to another club. Dues will be due and work credits checked between February and April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom