• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Tombstone pizza and Dinty Moore stew. I was going to buy alcohol but I`m seriously concerned that I may not be getting a full 40 hour paycheck for a few months, so I put myself on financial lockdown.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I did 95% of my long-term prep in late February when it became clear that this was going to be a serious, months-long problem for the USA. We are strategically grabbing more as opportunities present, but we'd survive if the grocery stores shut down tomorrow. That said, I like eggs and milk as much as the next guy, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

My big concern right now, supplies-wise, is Passover. We were not planning to be at home for it this year, but I don't think I can ethically subject my (older) parents to my family in the middle of a pandemic. We grabbed some stuff as a last ditch prep for that eventuality early on (like, matzah and some canned food), but doing this right is going to require a bit more. (I was trying to procure kosher for Passover MREs, but they don't seem to be for sale presently.)

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    My wife wanted to go to Walmart this morning to get a box of diapers for a baby shower this afternoon. Fallston Walmart had restocked a lot last night but can tuna, chicken, rice, dry beans were still in short supply.
    I picked up Kleenex, Dawn dish soap, a couple bottles of hydrogen peroxide, and found some purina one for the dogs. There was no tp but there were a few bundles of paper towels on the shelf so I asked her if we needed any. " no I have one left" .
    OMG woman what part of pushing a cart up and down aisles of depleted and empty shelves are you not understanding. :banghead:
    And yet when I'm gone for days at a time her friends ask her doesn't she worry? Her answer is oh Dan's had us prepared with firewood on the porch, food in the fridge and gas for the generator. I thought SOME of this was rubbing off. :sad20:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My wife wanted to go to Walmart this morning to get a box of diapers for a baby shower this afternoon. Fallston Walmart had restocked a lot last night but can tuna, chicken, rice, dry beans were still in short supply.
    I picked up Kleenex, Dawn dish soap, a couple bottles of hydrogen peroxide, and found some purina one for the dogs. There was no tp but there were a few bundles of paper towels on the shelf so I asked her if we needed any. " no I have one left" .
    OMG woman what part of pushing a cart up and down aisles of depleted and empty shelves are you not understanding. :banghead:
    And yet when I'm gone for days at a time her friends ask her doesn't she worry? Her answer is oh Dan's had us prepared with firewood on the porch, food in the fridge and gas for the generator. I thought SOME of this was rubbing off. :sad20:

My wife was thanked by co-worker last week for the heads up on stocking up. A few weeks ago my wife mentioned to this woman that we were stocking up on food and supplies in case the supply chain breaks over the pandemic. This woman apparently decided to do the same and had a few week head start over the other crazies.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I bought a gallon of 2% Chlorhexidine at Tractor Supply today. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. It is a hand sanitizer with residual protection for several hours.

Unfortunately Chlorhexidine isn’t effective for Coronavirus. I guess I’ll still keep what I ordered but it won’t be useful this time:

Thus, SARS-CoV-2 belongs to the betaCoVs category. It has round or elliptic and often pleomorphic form, and a diameter of approximately 60–140 nm. Like other CoVs, it is sensitive to ultraviolet rays and heat. Furthermore, these viruses can be effectively inactivated by lipid solvents including ether (75%), ethanol, chlorine-containing disinfectant, peroxyacetic acid and chloroform except for chlorhexidine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK554776/

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I did 95% of my long-term prep in late February when it became clear that this was going to be a serious, months-long problem for the USA. We are strategically grabbing more as opportunities present, but we'd survive if the grocery stores shut down tomorrow. That said, I like eggs and milk as much as the next guy, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

My big concern right now, supplies-wise, is Passover. We were not planning to be at home for it this year, but I don't think I can ethically subject my (older) parents to my family in the middle of a pandemic. We grabbed some stuff as a last ditch prep for that eventuality early on (like, matzah and some canned food), but doing this right is going to require a bit more. (I was trying to procure kosher for Passover MREs, but they don't seem to be for sale presently.)

I have several pounds of Matzos I vacuum sealed several years ago, I got on deep discount sale after Passover and figured they would keep well. Since I'm not Jewish PM me if you have a need. I'll have to look to see what date they were packed on but it's been awhile.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    My wife was thanked by co-worker last week for the heads up on stocking up. A few weeks ago my wife mentioned to this woman that we were stocking up on food and supplies in case the supply chain breaks over the pandemic. This woman apparently decided to do the same and had a few week head start over the other crazies.

My wife likes the security of being prepared but doesn't seem to get the concept of preparing and stocking up this time. I get she's had a lot on her mind lately with her Mom dying 3 weeks ago and the first grandbaby due next month but damn, look around woman. Rant over.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Stopped in Ollie’s and found assorted canned sardines for .79 with best by date of 12/21. The wife can’t stand the sight or smell of them.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    The local hippie food store had a sale on cucumbers so I made 12 quarts of pickles. I found some meats at a local grocery store this morning and canned four pounds of ground beef, two pounds of Italian sausage, a pound of breakfast sausage, and a 3 1/2 pound roast that was marked down to half price.

I really like to pressure can the meats because they last longer this way than frozen, taste better than frozen, and don't spoil when the power goes out like frozen will.
    5abb201836cad7912a812b38cf244dc3.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This pandemic has a fever and dry cough has it's main symptom. I recommend getting cough syrup and fever reducers.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The local hippie food store had a sale on cucumbers so I made 12 quarts of pickles. I found some meats at a local grocery store this morning and canned four pounds of ground beef, two pounds of Italian sausage, a pound of breakfast sausage, and a 3 1/2 pound roast that was marked down to half price.

I really like to pressure can the meats because they last longer this way than frozen, taste better than frozen, and don't spoil when the power goes out like frozen will.
    5abb201836cad7912a812b38cf244dc3.jpg

Do you need special equipment to make pickles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom