Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 5th, 2019, 11:20 AM #1

P365 External Safety model not even submitted by Sig for Md Roster?

I can't find sig p365 manual safety model on Maryland roster. it is on Mass roster. Can it be Sig has not even submitted it?

Calls yesterday and today to Md roster board number (410) 653-4247 receive fax tone.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 11:27 AM #2

It isn't a major change so the board will probably include it when they review the model that was sent in. Not all guns have to physically be submitted for review. Those that have different options to the basic model have been approved without the actual model being submitted.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 11:49 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from MD View Post
It isn't a major change so the board will probably include it when they review the model that was sent in. Not all guns have to physically be submitted for review. Those that have different options to the basic model have been approved without the actual model being submitted.
yea that is why I am trying to call to find out if they consider it the same. I'm in DC and we can use Md. or Ma. roster, but it not actually being formally listed could be a hitch.

The pre-orders in Virginia I have found are for the 365-9-BXR3-MS, but the Mass approved one is 65-9-BXR3-MS-MA, and calling I can only find those 365-9-BXR3-MS-MA at Mass Local gun stores, and they are already all pre sold their initial allotments or at insane premiums.
Old March 5th, 2019, 12:10 PM #4
@therange

@therange

Didnít dig stop selling certain firearms to certain places.
Old March 5th, 2019, 06:31 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Didn’t dig stop selling certain firearms to certain places.
not aware of any place other than California where new handguns are not being marketed and sold by all the major makers.

California has enforced microstamp provisions and most all the makers are not complying with that.

Md (and effectivley DC) have roster provisions that are easy to satisfy since they are based on just showing basic engineering and build quality that all major makers pass wiht no altering of same guns sold everywhere.

Mass has two stages: A) "Roster" which are engineering and build quality tests, but also B) additional "Attorney General Compliance" required elements for non LEO new purchases. Those additional elements are 1) 10lb trigger or external safety or decocker and 2) tactile or visual loaded chamber indicator or magazine disconnect.

DC is effectively only build quality testing since it does not use its own roster, but is approved if on either Md., Ma., or Cali rosters (cali being irrelevant, but in the MPD reg interpretation)
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:07 PM #6

Rascal try 410-653-4253. The lady that is in charge is not at work. The number I listed is a man named Mark taking her calls. I got voice message but will try again 3/18/19 when he said he would return to work. Good luck
Butchb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:25 PM #7

I emailed Sig a couple questions back on the 6th but forgot to respond to this thread when I got a response about the 365 with manual safety. I pasted the relevant part below.

Quote:
As for the P365 with the manual safety, I donít have much information beyond this, but we are hoping to submit it for approval in as many states as possible, I believe MD included, so more information regarding its approval or rejection should be available before much longer.
Itís not much help but at least he confirms they are planning on sending them out for approval. Now if MSP will just add it without a review since it only adds a safety that would obviously be better since it puts it on the roster faster.
RuralRifleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2019, 06:26 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralRifleGuy View Post
I emailed Sig a couple questions back on the 6th but forgot to respond to this thread when I got a response about the 365 with manual safety. I pasted the relevant part below.

It’s not much help but at least he confirms they are planning on sending them out for approval. Now if MSP will just add it without a review since it only adds a safety that would obviously be better since it puts it on the roster faster.
Thanks. I just confirmed with Maryland board that Sig has not sent one in to MSP. Then I called Sig Sauer department in NH that handles state compliance and they did not even know the rules.
Old March 28th, 2019, 06:49 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
Thanks. I just confirmed with Maryland board that Sig has not sent one in to MSP. Then I called Sig Sauer department in NH that handles state compliance and they did not even know the rules.
Wonder if you just got a new person who wasnít up to date on everything. They seem to be hiring often on Twitter. Hopefully this lights a fire and they send one for the next roster meeting.
RuralRifleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues