• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Not I but my brother got his 17XX so he will get one this go round. They have started posting pictures of delivered guns over at the CMP forum.

MDHokie

Jan 21, 2013
    Calverton, MD
    Got the call yesterday for a service grade. Hoping they don’t ship for a while as I am furloughed but I’ll make it work if I have to. Seems like they’re only taking a couple days to ship looking at the CMP 1911 forum

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Got the call yesterday for a service grade. Hoping they don’t ship for a while as I am furloughed but I’ll make it work if I have to. Seems like they’re only taking a couple days to ship looking at the CMP 1911 forum

Great , hope you get a good one. Still waiting for my call.... Maybe!

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Did you get any indication of your number? They said they would send the numbers out, but it sounds like they are just calling folks.

Q

MDHokie

Jan 21, 2013
    Calverton, MD
    Yeah I got an email back on November. Looking at the CMP forum it seems they just did a round of notifications in the mid 3000s so still plenty to go on the first batch

Did you get any indication of your number? They said they would send the numbers out, but it sounds like they are just calling folks.

Q

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Yeah, figure it is going to be a cluster due to the randomness, and how many tries to contact you before you get passed over?

Q

MDHokie

Jan 21, 2013
    Calverton, MD
    Just filled out the paperwork for mine so I have to wait a week to get it but so far I’m very happy. I think it’s an Ithaca with a Remington Rand slide. The serial overlaps between Ithaca and Colt but it has an “JA” inspection on the left side which I think is a partially struck “FJA” indicating Ithaca. I still have a lot to research but liking it so far.
    7951ef14e58971c06799edc3e0e6c722.jpg
    2a4d010836e0aaad2bac182054d4b3c5.jpg
    3dda24d1bbcaa76e4cec7e4f9c1f2552.jpg

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Very nice! I have given up on mine. I probably did not dot an I or cross a T on the application and it got canned. Since they won't tell you, this will become one of life's mysteries.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I wouldn’t give up yet. They’re only on number 4000 or so. I’m getting excited. I’m in the 3600’s, so I’m expecting a call soon. Yours looks awesome. I really just want a true gi spec gun marked us property.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok - so how can everyone have a random shot at it if everyone does not even have a number yet? Excuse me - but I could generate a set of 15,000 unbiased pseudo random numbers in no time flat and assign those against to a list of 15,000 names and have everything done with simple unix shell commands, all imported in an Excel spreadsheet in one morning if this were a task I had to do at work. This is not difficult. I love what CMP has done for us but I find all this frustrating.

[edit]
    oh - and have a scrip automatically email these out!! Come on guys!

[edit2]
    well ok, I might use Java instead - this still should not take this long to send out assigned numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom