• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    We should compile a Sticky post with "Companies To Avoid," to include firearms distributors, in addition to anti 2A brands such as Levi's, Starbucks, ChickFila, etc.

I had bought from AIM Surplus since they first opened. Years later, after being unable to place an order for a handgun that was on the Roster, even after calling, speaking with someone, and directing them to the page on the roster authorizing the sale of the specific model, I stopped buying from them; for many years. To this day, I make it a point to reply whenever I read a post where someone says, "company X refuses to sell to Maryland."

If a company does not value its customers enough to take 3 minutes to verify a law that will benefit them and their customers, then that company does not deserve your patronage. There are lots of online and brick and mortar companies that sell the same or comparable products that will treat you fairly.

Of course, this was when the State Police didn't take care to list the guns under the proper manufacturers, listed importers as manufacturers, the same models under various manufacturers, wrote model numbers incorrectly, etc., basically made a bunch of errors that if committed by applicants or FFLs, would've resulted in rejected applications.

The State Police has since improved the organization of their roster. AIM has since apparently started verifying the roster, and I have gone back to buying from them.

This is just one example.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    We should compile a Sticky post with "Companies To Avoid," to include firearms distributors, in addition to anti 2A brands such as Levi's, Starbucks, ChickFila, etc.

I had bought from AIM Surplus since they first opened. Years later, after being unable to place an order for a handgun that was on the Roster, even after calling, speaking with someone, and directing them to the page on the roster authorizing the sale of the specific model, I stopped buying from them; for many years. To this day, I make it a point to reply whenever I read a post where someone says, "company X refuses to sell to Maryland."

If a company does not value its customers enough to take 3 minutes to verify a law that will benefit them and their customers, then that company does not deserve your patronage. There are lots of online and brick and mortar companies that sell the same or comparable products that will treat you fairly.

Of course, this was when the State Police didn't take care to list the guns under the proper manufacturers, listed importers as manufacturers, the same models under various manufacturers, wrote model numbers incorrectly, etc., basically made a bunch of errors that if committed by applicants or FFLs, would've resulted in rejected applications.

The State Police has since improved the organization of their roster. AIM has since apparently started verifying the roster, and I have gone back to buying from them.

This is just one example.

CFA is anti 2A?

Feb 28, 2013
    I’m sympathetic to these business people, but if we can force bakers to bake gay wedding cakes, I don’t see how people have the option of not selling legal products to Marylanders.

Thats different

Weddin cakes for gay couples is a basic human right that shall not be touched

The right to self defense aint cuz it creates the potential to make it harder for SJWs to kill you and that cant be tolerated :rolleyes:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I've noticed that Gunbroker is having a real uptick in shops who won't deal with Maryland.

It's like a disease spreading. I think sellers look at others' ads to see what legal conditions are needed on the sales, and they see "No Maryland". And then they post, and in turn another seller sees that now even more sellers have that condition.

Klj5022

Mar 30, 2020
    That thought also crossed my mind. (That Palmetto is selling guns they don’t yet have). People in South Carolina are bigger assholes than Yankees ever have been to me.
    Tombstone tactitical did that too me. then they accidently sent me the shipping for the order they were going to receive my lower from the manufacturer. 2 DAYS AFTER THAT DATE I GOT MY SHIPPING INFO. They didnt have it in stock. they still had to receive it from the manufacturer.

Took a month to ship out.

CaptPrice

Jul 14, 2019
    Annapolis
    I got a stripped lower from palmetto a few weeks ago and had no issues. Have bought from them plenty of times before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I've noticed that Gunbroker is having a real uptick in shops who won't deal with Maryland.

In the past, usually the "No Maryland" guys are low-volume sellers who were slightly "off" or companies large enough to have received threatening letters from the MD AG's office.

I wonder if the uptick you've seen is due to people who've never sold on Gunbroker dipping a toe in because of this panic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom