HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    so let me get this straight. If I am a 13'er, saw a ghost in a haunted house, left a car running in a snowy cul-de-sac, do I have to wait 2 more weeks to be allowed to smoke legally and then be allowed to own a firearm in MD? That is the question

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    so let me get this straight. If I am a 13'er, saw a ghost in a haunted house, left a car running in a snowy cul-de-sac, do I have to wait 2 more weeks to be allowed to smoke legally and then be allowed to own a firearm in MD? That is the question

I don't see any problem with this...

Lol

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD

3% of the time.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Caffeine does not impair response time, alertness or judgment. ;)

I went from two pots of Jo per day to zero 30 years ago. I still say I am a better man for it.

People think I'm bad now. They should've seen me back then!

:crazy:

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I went from two pots of Jo per day to zero 30 years ago. I still say I am a better man for it.

People think I'm bad now. They should've seen me back then!

:crazy:

More anecdotal stories proving my point right.

I cut down from a few hundred milligrams of caffeine daily to just 123, and I feel better for it, so I just don't subscribe to the idea that caffeine doesn't alter ones mind.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I cut down from a few hundred milligrams of caffeine daily to just 123, and I feel better for it, so I just don't subscribe to the idea that caffeine doesn't alter ones mind.

You feeling better does not equal altered mental status.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Proves nothing.
    Who the hell measures their caffeine consumption in milligrams?

Anyway, caffeine is a stimulant. Not a depressant. And it definitely is not a hallucinogenic.

arts

Nov 14, 2014
    Yes you can buy alcohol and be prescribed enough oxycodone muscle relaxers sleeping pills in quantities to kill a herd of horses and still own firearms. Have a medical marijuana card and you have to sacrifice a lot of your rights. Welcome to America. It is unfortunate that you have to chose but it comes down to what's most important. I know I live in a tremendous amount of pain daily. Could easily get a medical card but refuse for the obvious reasons.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There are two different points.

1) The law is, you have an MM card, you cannot have a firearm. Right or wrong, that is the law.

2) Should MM or mj in general be legal or at least not disqualify one from owning a firearm. That is a contentious arguement. I tend to be on the side of legalizing or at least allowing ownership of a firearm, with penalties for use under the influence. As pointed out, there are a lot of legal things that mess you up more than mj.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There are two different points.

1) The law is, you have an MM card, you cannot have a firearm. Right or wrong, that is the law.

2) Should MM or mj in general be legal or at least not disqualify one from owning a firearm. That is a contentious arguement. I tend to be on the side of legalizing or at least allowing ownership of a firearm, with penalties for use under the influence. As pointed out, there are a lot of legal things that mess you up more than mj.

There's the rub. The stuff is detectable in urine for a week or more after ingestion, but defining "under the influence" with any sort of actual quantifiable data is not possible, far as I know. Certainly, having detectable amounts a week later is hardly under the influence.

Stuff's no more harmful than alcohol, but it's been tarred with a racist brush from the days of Harry Anslinger, who needed to find an evil demon when the end of Prohibition put his job at risk.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I took the time to read the side of my single energy drink I drink on the way to work every morning.
    Bro, you don't need that crap. It's as much a crutch as any narcotic/amphetamine.

I eat right, sleep...maybe 3-4 hours a night, and still make it through every day without the need of a stimulant. I do drink my morning cup of black tea. :)
    Not trying to tell you how to live. I'm only saying, everyone I know who lives on that stuff uses it as a shortcut to avoid good nutritional habits.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That energy drink stuff brought on an attack of atrial fibrillation in me, the only time I tried one. I admit AF had been an occasional issue for me previously.

If I hadn't used so much coca cola just to keep cranked in my 20s and 30s, my pump would possibly not given me that problem in my 40s & 50s.

Live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse, if you wish. But don't screw it up and try to live longer after you've wrecked your young body. The piper is there with the guy and his scythe, waiting to collect his fee. He'll take it, an organ system at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom