• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Thanks. And, actually, they always break. Haven't seen a target yet that didn't break when it hit the ground! :D

And they busted my balls in the clubhouse, before giving me the patch, by asking if the 25 straight were in a single game.

Is that like the "Tiger Slam"? Hitting the last 10 of one round and the first 15 of the next? LOL!

Congratulations! :party29:

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!

Man, your heart must have been pounding when that last clay was launched...

Dude, you got that right!

I generally shoot with the same 4-6 guys every weekend - and they are all much better shooters than I am. [Note: My Dad always told me to shoot with people who are better than you - it brings up your game and you can learn from them]. Anyway, they've taught me a lot and when it came time to shoot in my first tournament they put me on their squad - and I've been on their squad for the winter league and my first two tournaments now.

On Sunday when we were shooting I was the last shooter in the squad. My heart started to quicken at station 4 and I don't think everyone else realized that I was running the targets until station 6. Then the atmosphere turned into like it was a tournament. Everyone stopped talking. My heart is absolutely pounding on station 7 because that's where I blew the first shot at 25 in the last tournament (low 7 on the pair) and my friend Mark, shooting in front of me, has just missed a low 7 that wrecked his chance at 25.

But I think you could have heard a pin drop when I loaded that 25th shell at low 8 and I knew they were all standing behind me waiting. I was right on the target and it vaporized into dust (those are the most satisfying hits). They cheered and the traditional fist bump for a perfect game took place. It was cool. Really cool.

But as cool as all that was I think the best part is the encouragement and coaching that I've gotten from my shooting buddies. I've learned a lot from them and they've never been stingy with advice. And I hope that everyone here, whether you shoot clays or something else, has a group of friends to shoot with like I'm fortunate to have. It's even made me really want to give back (even before this last weekend's shooting). I've started volunteering as a basic instructor for Loch Raven's Adult Intro to Skeet class and I'm even getting ready to hand in my NSSA Referee's Exam.

Fun stuff.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Great story. It's a ton of fun when you are on a squad with buddies and run your first 25. Did you hear your heart pounding in your ears when you were calling for that last target? How bad were your hands shaking? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom