• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I could go for any entire legislative session where all they do is repeal old laws. No new Bills, just get rid of the thousands of old laws.

Someone should run on that platform. Would you want to bet if they'd win?

You do realize what you propose is impossible........

In order to repeal a law, they have to submit a bill, so to repeal all of the laws you want them to repeal, you want them to submit a bunch of bills???

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You do realize what you propose is impossible........

In order to repeal a law, they have to submit a bill, so to repeal all of the laws you want them to repeal, you want them to submit a bunch of bills???

Yes, it was in jest......

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’d sure vote for someone that went to task on removing any and all Les either being ignored, are obsolete, or simply make no sense!

I think all legislature critters should be tasked with - for every new law, they need to repeal 2 existing laws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For every new one, repeal 5 until we get to some level of sanity

gcwood

Continental Soldier
    Jun 26, 2013
    Governor Hogan's Reply to HB 1302

We have already seen too many times when the judiciary has broad discretionary latitude to decide our Constitutional Rights. We, The People LOSE!

Gun laws are illogical as the NEVER prevent violence. Someone interested in committing a capital crime could care less about violating a gun law! Self Protection is our ONLY true defense. The police aren't there when someone attacks, you, your family, or your property and criminals are usually armed. FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION, NOT the politicians!!!

Respectfully
    The Continental Soldier

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Left another voicemail and sent another email.

Eenie meenie chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak (by May 9).

fortune.jpg

Will it be

veto.jpg

Or

pig roast.jpg

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    We have already seen too many times when the judiciary has broad discretionary latitude to decide our Constitutional Rights. We, The People LOSE!

Gun laws are illogical as the NEVER prevent violence. Someone interested in committing a capital crime could care less about violating a gun law! Self Protection is our ONLY true defense. The police aren't there when someone attacks, you, your family, or your property and criminals are usually armed. FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION, NOT the politicians!!!

Respectfully
    The Continental Soldier

Amen, Brother!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just In: An organ grinder was assaulted overnight. His monkey and white handkerchief stolen. Absconder last seen at 100 State Circle. What this portends, no one knows.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Attached is the letter that Hogan sent to Chairman Joesph F. Vallario, Jr. and Members of the House Judiciary

That's a damned dangerous bill. It lets the MD libtards paint people with a wide brush, allowing them to get judges to deem almost anyone they want, a danger. People with gun "collections" worth many thousands of dollars would be sorely at risk, so the cops can "confiscate" them for the confiscated collection to wind up in some cops' dens.

I don't trust ANY cop, especially those in MD of the county/city/ sheriff type.

Nodachi

Jan 22, 2013
    Amen.

"Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;*
    Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?* And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.*For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,*
    Mar 7:22* Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:* All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."* Mar 7:18-23

The problem is most people reject the Word.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My (likely un-read, but please let me have my little fantasies) email to the gov encouraged him to veto the bill, but the main thrust of it was that I promised we'd do our best between now and the election to explain to as many people as possible why the bill was deeply flawed and not the sort of direction we want Maryland to go for ANYONE, in terms of their relationship with their state government and local law enforcement. The "we have your back" message seemed more important to what are his likely concerns than simply railing about the bill itself.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    For every new one, repeal 5 until we get to some level of sanity

The MGA has too much time on their hands. Add a rider to each bill that would make it expire the following year unless renewed.

The MGA would be so busy passing new and expiring revenue (tax) bills that they wouldn't have time for BS monkeyshines like moar gun lawz. They have all year to think up new ways to torture and extract cash from us; that might ease the pain some...

I know, I'm dreaming. :lol:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's how the RINOs screw us, "O gee, I forgot", or, I thought I already did that". It's called obstructionism. =)

Look at the date on the letter. This was, in affect, written testimony for the bill hearing in the House Judiciary Committee.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Except when there's a crisis to exploit. Then they take a big bite and sharpen the carving knife while passions are high and everyone is reeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom