• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Sat and Sun, July 27 & 28. Peacemaker is just west of I-81 between winchester and hagerstown at the inwood, wv exit.

Super fun match, uspsa-style, run around and knock down a variety of steel (poppers, plates, plate racks, etc). Not a lot of rules, just be safe (muzzle and trigger finger discipline). Pretty much any handgun 9mm and above is allowed (and PCC, shotgun and rimfire also). need a decent holster, 3 magazines should be fine, mag pouches or just use your pockets.

basically when it's your turn, you come up to the line. the range officer tells you to make ready at which point you draw and load up your gun and holster it (safety on if external hammer is cocked). buzzer goes and you run around and shoot stuff, reloading as necessary. when you're done, you unload and show clear and holster. then you help reset steel for the rest of the competitors on your squad. then to the next stage and repeat. normally 6-7 stages of 20-30 pieces of steel, so bring at least 300 rounds if not 400.

below is registration for saturday afternoon. i'm in squad 8 if anyone wants to join me. the usual open invitation for newbies, happy to do a little handholding as needed.

https://practiscore.com/pntc-july-2019-super-steel-pm-match/register

Cherno83

May 15, 2019
    Berwyn Heights
    I'm thinking of going! I'm a complete noob to this with only range time and Navy crew served weapons training LOL

Do these spots fill up fast? Trying to see if a buddy wants to join too

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have two Colt ARs in 9mm which would work, but I am guessing a CZ Scorpion Evo pistol with brace wouldnt be allowed since USPSA rules exclude them, right?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Really want to do one of these but I’m at Peacemaker the following Saturday for the Long Range Challenge. Can’t swing both weekends. Maybe I’ll make the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I really want to get started up at Peacemaker, but mostly for the long range facility. This might be a good way to get a feel for it.

What's up with setting up an account for Practiscore through Facebook or Google? That sucks a little.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I really want to get started up at Peacemaker, but mostly for the long range facility. This might be a good way to get a feel for it.

What's up with setting up an account for Practiscore through Facebook or Google? That sucks a little.

If you want to practice long range there consider going to one of their Frontier Days. They are about once a month on a Sunday from April- October. I think it’s $60 for non members

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have two Colt ARs in 9mm which would work, but I am guessing a CZ Scorpion Evo pistol with brace wouldnt be allowed since USPSA rules exclude them, right?

I've seen several people shooting braced firearms in this, so it isn't a problem. But there's no real advantage running the shorty in this match.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I've seen several people shooting braced firearms in this, so it isn't a problem. But there's no real advantage running the shorty in this match.
    It was more curiosity how well I can run the CZ. The Colt ARs 9mms are always tack drivers...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

just go to practiscore.com and set up an account. most all the matches around here are run via practiscore. free and easy (hey, i did it...).

re LR, as noted, frontier days. they also have a long range challenge (LRC) coming up (belly match), and a precision rifle series (PRS) match (mix of positional and belly match) also. i'm registered for both (squad 1 for both) if anyone wants to join me.

peacemaker has an awesome facility and great staff, i'm there almost every weekend doing one match or another.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    just go to practiscore.com and set up an account. most all the matches around here are run via practiscore. free and easy (hey, i did it...).

re LR, as noted, frontier days. they also have a long range challenge (LRC) coming up (belly match), and a precision rifle series (PRS) match (mix of positional and belly match) also. i'm registered for both (squad 1 for both) if anyone wants to join me.

peacemaker has an awesome facility and great staff, i'm there almost every weekend doing one match or another.

I’m in squad 1 for the upcoming LRC match. This will be my first one.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    the Long Range Challenges (LRCs) are a ton of fun. like a managed practice session with scoring. everyone spotting for each other and having a good time. A lot of us shoot them to prove out loads and gather corrected wind data on our rigs so that we are more prepared for PRS and field match events.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Well I shoot Federal GMM. My biggest issue is wind reading, as in, I have almost no experience doing it. We’ll see what happens. I did a Frontier Day a few weeks back so at least I’ve been there and seen the general layout and shot some there

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom