• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Lexington Park. Say no more. I'm an outsider looking in and don't think I would have a gun store there maybe Mechanicsville or St Mary's city. Chris

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I must be a bit slow but I thought gun stores took the firearms out of the glass display cases and locked them up at night in a real safe. I have seen many other guns stores do just that, Been in the stores right after they open and see the staff place the firearms in the display cases. Is there a reason that the Tackle Box, even after so many break ins, does not do that? Other than not wanting to spend the time or money securing their guns when the business is closed?

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I must be a bit slow but I thought gun stores took the firearms out of the glass display cases and locked them up at night in a real safe. I have seen many other guns stores do just that, Been in the stores right after they open and see the staff place the firearms in the display cases. Is there a reason that the Tackle Box, even after so many break ins, does not do that? Other than not wanting to spend the time or money securing their guns when the business is closed?

That I know of there is not a state law that requires a store to lock down firearms when a business is closed.

Now a smart business, yeah they would lock their pistol in a safe when they are not open and maybe even lock down their rifles.

I would also say that in this day and age, having a video surveillance system would be used as well since they are inexpensive.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    That I know of there is not a state law that requires a store to lock down firearms when a business is closed.

Now a smart business, yeah they would lock their pistol in a safe when they are not open and maybe even lock down their rifles.

I would also say that in this day and age, having a video surveillance system would be used as well since they are inexpensive.
    (Disclaimer: Just a theory and not directly pointing to anyone.)
    Not if you want the insurance money for guns that aren't selling and no surveillance cameras so you can keep the guns.
    Been watching a lot of investigative programs lately.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

So do they now get their insurance from Lloyd's of London? Their premiums will be astronomical, IF they can find an insurer after this.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Thou shall not steal?

No, it will start out innocent enough. Something to the effect that every gun shop or FFL holder must have a safe to store them in. Which with result in some sort outrageous specification, which will result in something like a bank vault. Then that will result in each and every gun owner being required to do the same. Besides, if people can't abide by "Thou shall not kill", "Thou shall not steal" is a mere road bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom