• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Following MCPD's various media outlets, it's tempting to suggest that they start articles with "Not In Germantown: " for the few violent crimes that actually occur somewhere else in the county. Otherwise, it's safe to assume it's there.

This morning, we're treated to a home invasion where the victim: heard gunshots inside her home and "went to investigate?" Whereupon she was forced at gunpoint to give up undisclosed property to the two invaders who then left. Something smells a little fishy, here. The perp's shots included some that exited her home, and entered a neighboring home (happily, without injuring anyone).

Personally, I wouldn't wander downstairs to look into the sound of indoor gunshots without having already called the PoPo and then loudly racking a shotgun from the top of the stairs. But that's just me. What was this, a "Get down here and show us your stash or we'll shoot your cat!" scenario?

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2018/05/29/detectives-investigate-home-invasion-robbery-in-germantown/

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    once they started building section 8 things and allowing a lot of these morons in, it had gone to crap. We have lived in Germantown since 1989. Sort of like Poolesville before Poolesville got the new developments... A lot nicer back then, and quieter. Then they started building, and building, and building. That is why I call the middle school Roghetto Clemente. you could almost sing that Sesame Street song during class pics with respect to our daughters. One of theses things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong...... not quite that bad but with our second daughter, more so. Oldest who is almost 28 went to Ronald McNair and Kingsview. We lived at Circle Gate at the time. It was a nice apt complex back then. Then we moved to the other side of Great Seneca and younger- turned 19 this past Feb went to Christa McAuliffe and then Clemente. Eff Seneca Valley. Both went to Poolesvile in the magnet program.

Livingthedream

Feb 20, 2017
    Its becoming overpopulated and stacked with section 8 and montgomery countys version of section 8-hoc. When I lived there we had a shooting directly infront of my townhome and one .5 miles away at an elementry school.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Montgomery County won't be satisfied until the entire county is paved and developed as they crave the tax base and its revenues. Once there's no available land left they'll encourage demolition and new construction to up the tax assessments.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hmph

Montgomery County won't be satisfied until the entire county is paved and developed as they crave the tax base and its revenues. Once there's no available land left they'll encourage demolition and new construction to up the tax assessments.

I was expecting them to try to make townhouses in the median strips. People bitch about the build out. I told them it is Dems doing this, not GOP. they make the most packed configuration to maximize the taxes coming in.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    once they started building section 8 things and allowing a lot of these morons in, it had gone to crap. We have lived in Germantown since 1989. Sort of like Poolesville before Poolesville got the new developments... A lot nicer back then, and quieter. Then they started building, and building, and building. That is why I call the middle school Roghetto Clemente. you could almost sing that Sesame Street song during class pics with respect to our daughters. One of theses things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong...... not quite that bad but with our second daughter, more so. Oldest who is almost 28 went to Ronald McNair and Kingsview. We lived at Circle Gate at the time. It was a nice apt complex back then. Then we moved to the other side of Great Seneca and younger- turned 19 this past Feb went to Christa McAuliffe and then Clemente. Eff Seneca Valley. Both went to Poolesvile in the magnet program.

My first house on Birdseye Ct borders that school now. Fourteen percent Mortgage back in 1984. Occasionally I'll hit the Amish market when work takes me near. There can be some really rude customers there, treating the vendors poorly.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I lived in Germantown 21 years ago and I’d never go back. I wouldn’t live in Monkey County if you paid me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    We’ve been in Frederick for 24 years now. I had two different homes in Germantown before moving here, both in the Churchill subdivision, one right on the lake. It was nice then. No complaints. Sad to hear what it’s become.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    In more Germantown news, the MoCoPoPo arrested four on a range of gun charges. They were following the perps' white Scion based on eyewitness info following one of them throwing lead into a townhouse from outside, before fleeing in their highly visible vehicle. An unmarked cop started trailing their vehicle and chose to make a stop when one of the idiots decided to light him up with a handgun's laser sight while they were moving. Three weapons in the car (looks like a gangsta Glock and a couple of Springfields, all in pretty good repair - the story doesn't mention the provenance of the weapons). Lots of charges to go around. Great mug shots. Becraft seems a little too smug for his own good. Aaaaand three of them already out on bond. Look out, Germantown ladies! Three eligible bachelors back on the prowl.

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2018/06/08...occupant-charged-with-shooting-in-germantown/

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    In more Germantown news, the MoCoPoPo arrested four on a range of gun charges.

You know, some common sense gun control measures really need to be enacted to make it harder for mopes to steal guns... I think we should make it illegal to possess a stolen gun, that would stop it... right?

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    I got out in 2004. We got a puppy that year (RIP little buddy!) and my wife and witnessed a lot of "interesting" activity when walking him after dark in the neighborhood. I guess I never would've noticed without the occasion to be out so late. I'd sometimes crawl home from the Outback bar, but not too often, and I suppose I might not have been so aware of my surroundings in those cases anyway. ;)

Happily in rural (for now) Frederick County these days. Not perfect, but we generally feel safe.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I got out in 2004. We got a puppy that year (RIP little buddy!) and my wife and witnessed a lot of "interesting" activity when walking him after dark in the neighborhood. I guess I never would've noticed without the occasion to be out so late.

Before we bailed on Gaithersburg, it was my nighttime dog walks that opened my eyes to just how busy the bad guys really are at night. Sometimes I'm amazed we survived there with only property damage and theft.

My main regret was that I could never catch tags on the vehicle(s) that - roughly once a week - would pull into our hood and dump several hundred pounds of trash at the end of the street and drive off. That particular recurring stunt made me as close to murderous as I've ever felt (and I'm in IT, so that's really saying something!).

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I've been here in the Boyds area since 1994, and for the most part it's been great. It's only in the past few years that I've felt any real sense of personal risk. So far it's only been property crime and not much of that. But with the recent uptick in serious crime, I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick it out. If I wanted to live in Gaithersburg, I wouldn't have moved to Boyds.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    People of Walmart?

Its the new Montgomery. As down county transforms the trash gets pushed north. I love how they downplay it. That area is a retail hell hole. Fuel up at freestate at 11:00 , Ive felt safer doing the same in inner city Bmore.

This article is interesting, they sent the body to Bmore?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Gotcha

My first house on Birdseye Ct borders that school now. Fourteen percent Mortgage back in 1984. Occasionally I'll hit the Amish market when work takes me near. There can be some really rude customers there, treating the vendors poorly.

I live on other side of lake Outback side. You are right how they are treated at the market

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom