Quietest Suppressor for 9mm CZ Scorpion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    I have a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine, the one with the muzzle brake but not the one with the fake suppressor. I'd like to remove the current muzzle device and screw on a suppressor from time to time.

There are lots of 9 mm suppressors on the market. Suggestions for the "quietest" with the proper subsonic loads for this rifle? Also suggestions for the best prices in Maryland?

I have an existing Trust I used to buy a .22LR suppressor, but I'm sure I will have to redo or update it...or not? Damned if I know that answer. :)

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    FWIW, I was doing some research, and while I don't have a suppressed Scorpion, I have the fake suppressor, but wanted some quieter ammo for my daughter to shoot with. Doing research online I found the 145gr 9mm Silver Bear HPs were supposed to be exceptionally quiet. I bought some of them, as well as some subsonic Magtech, which I was supposed to test yesterday, but of course it snowed. I know you are specifically asking about the suppressor itself, but even with that, ammo can make a difference. If I get to the range, I will post results. Freedom Munitions also has some Hush ammunition that was supposed to be good, and Winchester has some 147gr that I read was ok.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    FWIW, I was doing some research, and while I don't have a suppressed Scorpion, I have the fake suppressor, but wanted some quieter ammo for my daughter to shoot with. Doing research online I found the 145gr 9mm Silver Bear HPs were supposed to be exceptionally quiet. I bought some of them, as well as some subsonic Magtech, which I was supposed to test yesterday, but of course it snowed. I know you are specifically asking about the suppressor itself, but even with that, ammo can make a difference. If I get to the range, I will post results. Freedom Munitions also has some Hush ammunition that was supposed to be good, and Winchester has some 147gr that I read was ok.

Thanks...of course, picking the right ammo to accompany a suppressor is half the battle, so I will be very interested in your results. Take good notes! :)

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    "Quietest" w/o any other condition will result in an answer you possibly don't like. The answer will be the largest volume made w/ modern baffles (something like a Gemtech MK9K or Bowers Vers 9) Want to hang something that large/long off the end of your carbine barrel? Both are great suppressors (I have them) but they'd be overkill and unweildy on my Scorpion carbine.

FWIW, I run Speer Lawman 147 in everything. Its loaded fairly close to supersonic. Many of the 'Hush' ammo type products (and even Freedom Munitions regular 147gr) are so far below subsonic they won't reliably cycle some of my firearms (The AR9 upper being the pickiest.) The 165gr are slightly quieter though. I bought a bunch of bullets (Xtreme?) that I plan to work up a load for eventually.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    There are lots of 9 mm suppressors on the market. Suggestions for the "quietest" with the proper subsonic loads for this rifle? Also suggestions for the best prices in Maryland?

I wouldn't shop for the "quietest." I'd shop for the "best," or the one that will work the best for your purposes and on the hosts you have. Any of the major brand cans will be within a few dB of each other, and chasing one or two dB here and there just isn't always worth it.

Some suggestions:

1. SilencerCo Omega 9k. A lot of people like these for subguns because of the interior volume, and relatively short length. Not as good on some pistols because of the large diameter. You'll only be able to use 9mm and smaller if you want to run it on other hosts.

2. Rugged Obsidian. Built like a tank, configurable in two different lengths, you can run them on pistols and subguns, lots of mount and piston options for different hosts. You can also get these in 9mm or 45. The 45 you can run on any pistol host .45 or smaller, but the 9mm can is physically smaller.

3. Dead Air Ghost M. Basically the same stuff applies as with the Obsidian, but they only come in .45.

4. Dead Air Wolf 9SD. These are a good subgun can, but they're subgun only.

I have an existing Trust I used to buy a .22LR suppressor, but I'm sure I will have to redo or update it...or not? Damned if I know that answer. :)

That depends on how the trust is written. With some Trusts, it's quite easy to add new assets to the Trust's ownership. With others, it's not. What Trust do you have?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Hawkeye is correct. Don't chase DB's. There are too many variables. Shop quality. Do your research. There are several really good IP's that can help you. It depends where you live. Duffy's, BBP, 2A, Tylers, A1, Engage. Gym Rats, etc.
    As for your trust, if you have any trustees, they will need to be photographed and fingerprinted since the inception of 41P.
    Remember this is pretty much a lifetime purchase, so buy once, cry once. Well until you get more cans...

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    I do have a SilencerCo Sparrow, which has worked well on several .22LR rifles and pistols... I'll have to dig up my trust out of a filing cabinet...haven't seen it since I got my tax stamp. thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom