• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Me and my wife went to guntry today (busy as shit) to test out my new handgun. Her first time shooting a 9mm. Was extremely hot in the range so didn’t stay long but I’m extremely happy with this gun.
    a20c709ceb6a6362c68e796ef3757a19.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Good onya! Jealous. I have been at the mercy of Other Things That Prevent Range Tine. Glad you got the first outing under your belt.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Extremely hot??? This is the coolest is been in a month! I was out at the range in 95 degree temps 2 weeks ago...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Extremely hot??? This is the coolest is been in a month! I was out at the range in 95 degree temps 2 weeks ago...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Idk if it was just the amount of people or what but it felt close to 90 degrees in the range. I was ok but wife’s been having sensitivity to heat lately.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Initial impressions of the shield thus far, BTW? An M&P45 2.0 has been on the list for a while and all my Smithies thus far have been revolvers.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Initial impressions of the shield thus far, BTW? An M&P45 2.0 has been on the list for a while and all my Smithies thus far have been revolvers.

So my very limited experience (this is really my first gun ever) it was great. No malfunctions at all,recoil was a lot less than I expected so I was more comfortable with it than the glock 17 and p226 I have used. My wife had no problem shooting it either and she’s only shot a glock 44.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I've been handling Shields and 9c's for a couple of years now. Never as much as a hiccup. The Shield is exactly what it claims to be, a 9mm carry gun; reliable and concealable.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I've been handling Shields and 9c's for a couple of years now. Never as much as a hiccup. The Shield is exactly what it claims to be, a 9mm carry gun; reliable and concealable.

Good to know! I suspected that was the case the whole M&P line seems to be exactly as advertised (and reviewed). Have not really heard too many complaints, except for a few on the factory trigger. My only current 9mm is the Ruger SR9c. It has been exceptionally reliable thus far and a great shooter. An M&P45 2.0 has been on the list for a while now. It was overtaken a few times this year in lieu of other purchases. May definitely need to hold steady on it for the next purchase.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Good to know! I suspected that was the case the whole M&P line seems to be exactly as advertised (and reviewed). Have not really heard too many complaints, except for a few on the factory trigger. My only current 9mm is the Ruger SR9c. It has been exceptionally reliable thus far and a great shooter. An M&P45 2.0 has been on the list for a while now. It was overtaken a few times this year in lieu of other purchases. May definitely need to hold steady on it for the next purchase.

The trigger did seem a little tough at times but I will get use to it. When I get a 45 I will definitely be getting a 1911. Idk why I want one but I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom