• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duggyjkd

Jun 24, 2020
    So i am kinda New to Maryland, I own a Daniel Defense v11 Pro. I did Buy it in MD in 2018. I am thinking about getting rid of it Due to the fact i don't shoot it much. Maybe has 1,000 rounds sent down range with it. I was reading some other threads about selling and i believe i am good to go for selling it myself. I was going to use a shop but they want to take a 30% cut of the sale price (i understand). As far as i know i cant post in on the class-fields because i am a new member. Just want to make sure i would be ok if i found a buyer? What paperwork should i have as a seller to protect me?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , since it's been nine hours with no response to a question covered in at least a dozen recent threads , I'll nudge the unspoken :

You just impersonated a sketchy first ( substantive ) post . Maybe it was inadvertent .

So welcome to the MDS ! We're friendly bunch. We like hearing about testing and load development , other cool guns you own/ have used/ you covet , notable hunting stories , etc .

Everybody is waiting to greet people in the introduction section , or just jump into the discussions in the various sub forums . After a few interesting conversations , it will seem like no time , you'll be able to make use of the Classifieds here , which is a great marketplace .

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    In 2018, there were no "regulated" rifles - those became banned for sell in 2013.

Having bought it 2018 from (presumably) a MD based FFL, it was cash-n-carry and thus not banned. Therefore, you can sell it FtF if you believe the other person is not prohibited. A bill of sell is recommended. You may be able to have an FFL transfer it with corresponding NICS check.

If you bought it face-to-face, you may want to ask a dealer to ensure they believe it ok to sell it.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    In 2018, there were no "regulated" rifles - those became banned for sell in 2013.

Having bought it 2018 from (presumably) a MD based FFL, it was cash-n-carry and thus not banned. Therefore, you can sell it FtF if you believe the other person is not prohibited. A bill of sell is recommended. You may be able to have an FFL transfer it with corresponding NICS check.

If you bought it face-to-face, you may want to ask a dealer to ensure they believe it ok to sell it.

^What he said. If you bought it face to face, more caution might be in order, though. Here is the DD web page for that product:

It doesn't specifically say "HBAR" or "Heavy Barrel".

If you bought it from a MD FFL, then somebody else with more experience has already concluded it meets MSP's requirements for HBAR-ness.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    ^What he said. If you bought it face to face, more caution might be in order, though. Here is the DD web page for that product:

If you bought it from a MD FFL, then somebody else with more experience has already concluded it meets MSP's requirements for HBAR-ness.

The DD V11 pro is indeed considered a long gun and is legal in MD. There is no issue selling face to face to another fine, law abiding resident of Maryland.

It is in the sellers' best interest to create a simple bill of sale, though. Stating the amount of $, date of sale, model, serial number, and basic information of the buyer and seller, including Drivers License number and home address. It wouldn't hurt to have a few pictures of the rifle as well.

I would hesitate to sell anything face to face to another MD resident that I did not know personally, though. While legal, it would be a real tragedy for any face to face transaction to result in a disqualified persons getting access to a firearm. But that is only my opinion.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think the safest option would be to sell it to me, let’s say for $500 and I’ll make sure that it remains in good hands.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019

https://danieldefense.com/18-5-56mm-s2wr-rifle-length-chf-barrel.html

It does. DD says it's an S2W barrel, then on the S2W barrel page it says "Daniel’s Heavy Barrel" on the page for the barrel. Screenshot it with the date and keep it for your records.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    $502 and I'll come pick it up!

OP, I would probably find a different consignment shop that doesn't take such a huge bite of the profit. Honestly, right now most gun shops are desperate for inventory because people are panic buying. On consignment you can ask outrageous (in my opinion) prices, and they are selling!!! I know United is a 15% commission, which I think is fair. They handle a background check (so nothing could ever come back on me), they handle taking payment and cutting me a check. They deal with customers coming in so you don't have to deal with a stranger, etc.

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    You should post it ... I and lot of other ppl would be interested. (Oops, realized you were new)

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    So i am kinda New to Maryland, I own a Daniel Defense v11 Pro. I did Buy it in MD in 2018. I am thinking about getting rid of it Due to the fact i don't shoot it much. Maybe has 1,000 rounds sent down range with it. I was reading some other threads about selling and i believe i am good to go for selling it myself. I was going to use a shop but they want to take a 30% cut of the sale price (i understand). As far as i know i cant post in on the class-fields because i am a new member. Just want to make sure i would be ok if i found a buyer? What paperwork should i have as a seller to protect me?

Duggyjkd, unless you are desperate for money, DO NOT sell the rifle. Repeat, DO NOT sell the rifle

Also, perhaps go here and post up, so we can know you better:

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom