• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Known or unknown distance? I might try to make it

known distance. they give you three chances to hit each target. each stage, at least last time, had five targets and there were five stages. pretty low key and whomever is on the glass gives corrections. bring your own spotting scope if you have one, more is better.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    just fyi, peacemaker is having a long range challenge (LRC) match sat dec 16 if you want to see a bunch of long range/precision rifles. most if not everyone will let you handle, get behind and even shoot their rifles. great opportunity to see a bunch of rifle and glass options. this is actually just a fun match, shot prone/on your belly. great chance to get dope for your gun. some folks even bring their hunting rifles, again to get dope.

Going up tomorrow to get my badge and qualify my rifle for the 1000yd range. Not looking forward to 28° 10am temps.

My plan is to try and make the match on the 16th work schedule permitting.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Going up tomorrow to get my badge and qualify my rifle for the 1000yd range. Not looking forward to 28° 10am temps.

My plan is to try and make the match on the 16th work schedule permitting.

bring your favorite handgun tomorrow and a buttload of ammo and do their am or pm supersteel match while you're there. free for members, so the price is right. pretty sure there is room in both am and pm. and yeah i'm not looking forward to the well less than 28% temps there at 0800.

Does you model have the 3 lug bolt design? Also how do you like the trigger? I saw one at the York PA show last year and it seemed like a good deal but the guy talked me into the Savage Axis II for $100 more. The stock is nicer on the TC but i liked the trigger on the Axis better.

By the way if you would like some brass I have a few mixed head-stamp range brass that you can have to get some reloads going. Maybe 20-30 cases. Let me know.

For factory ammo I like Prime. Its a great value for very accurate loads.

Yes, three lug.
    I like the trigger and ordered a Win mod 70 3lb spring for it (supposedly they are interchangeable). The bolt is downright sloppy, but for a $200 rifle (w/rebate) I'm not complaining.
    Consider the brass claimed. I will be ordering dies this week and will start seeking "in person" H4350 and RL17. I use IMR4350 for Krag and .303 Savage loads, but they aren't the same.
    I still owe you money for the 1680 powder.

Did I mention how excited I am about the potential of this cheap rifle?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I took my TC Compass with a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 out for the first time today. This was with the cheapest ammo I could get my hands (140gr Non Typical) This was the sighting in of a new rifle- group #1 wasn't on the paper.
    Yup, I'm officially on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon.

Nice shooting. TC does not get enough love around here.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Yes, three lug.
    I like the trigger and ordered a Win mod 70 3lb spring for it (supposedly they are interchangeable). The bolt is downright sloppy, but for a $200 rifle (w/rebate) I'm not complaining.
    Consider the brass claimed. I will be ordering dies this week and will start seeking "in person" H4350 and RL17. I use IMR4350 for Krag and .303 Savage loads, but they aren't the same.
    I still owe you money for the 1680 powder.

Did I mention how excited I am about the potential of this cheap rifle?

Ok I can hold the cases for you. It will give us a good reason to meet up at AGC again. I wish I had Friday’s off.

And about that powder I forgot all about it. I intended to send you a paypal link.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Finally picked up the Ruger Predator in 6.5 CM and got it all together. Thanks Gary @ High Rock! It has a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4X12-40, Matthews Fabrication cheek rest and an epay $16 Tacfire TPI compact type brake (308 but I heard they work pretty well). I also have a EGW 20 MOA scope mount base but have not installed it as of yet. The trigger is really nice and was delivered @ 3.4 - 3.5 lb. average break. Hope to get it to the range and report back sometime in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.JPG
      IMG_1643.JPG
      26.4 KB · Views: 328
    Last edited:

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I just bought a Savage Axis in 6.5 Creedmore last week to fill the gap between my .223 and .30 cal. rifles. I bought 5 boxes of Remington Core-Lokt ammo to break it in with and will use the brass for reloading. Having a hard time finding the Lee Reloading dies for it.

Shoots nice with the ammo BTW but want to tailor my own loads for it.

The Savage Axis is on sale at Cabelas with a $100.00 rebate.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Have a Ruger American Predator in 6.5CM. It has an Athlon Argos 6-30x56 sitting on top of an EGW 20MOA rail. So far, the only mod I have done is remove a coil and a half from the trigger spring and have it set to about 3.5lbs.

Debating on what I want to replace the stock with.... Boyd's AT-one or wait for the Magpul Hunter stock to be released some time next year. Then again, come tax time, I might find a wild hair and get one of the aluminum chassis....but I still can't fathom dropping $500 on a stock for a $400 rifle.

Took her to Hap Baker and after sub MOA at 100, took a Kentucky Elevation shot at 200 and hit a hair low of center. I'm happy with it and looking forward to seeing what she can do at longer ranges with a better stock.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    the only mod I have done is remove a coil and a half from the trigger spring and have it set to about 3.5lbs.

Just curious as to what was the need to remove 1 1/2 coils from the spring? They are supposed to be adjustable from approximately 3-5 lbs. My Ruger American Predator in 6.5 came from the factory @ just under 3.5 so I did not make any adjustments.

I just bought a Savage Axis in 6.5 Creedmore last week to fill the gap between my .223 and .30 cal. rifles. I bought 5 boxes of Remington Core-Lokt ammo to break it in with and will use the brass for reloading. Having a hard time finding the Lee Reloading dies for it.

Good price and in stock...
    https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690939/6half-creedmoor-ultimate-rifle-die-set

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I have been using a full length RCBS resizing die and an RCBS gold bullet seater. I’m able to produce some fairly consistent loads. Nothing against Lee dies by the way.

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    Picked up a Savage 10 SBA in 6.5 creedmor. 24" heavy threaded barrel. Came with a no name scope. I put a 6-18x44 vortex crossfire II on it and a bipod. Was on sale for $500 at Dick's, plus a $100 savage rebate. I got the scope on sale for $180 so I don't think this is a bad set up for $600 or so once I get the rebate back. I'm going to sight in this week. I picked up 150 rds of Hornady 140gr HPBT on sale to punch some paper with.

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpg
      IMG_4949.jpg
      81.6 KB · Views: 255

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Ruger Predator and fixed 12x scope makes for a heck of a 1,000 yard gun for only ~$650 total

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I found a deal too good to pass up and picked up a NF ATACR 5-25. Started getting things properly positioned and level last night. Looking forward to getting out to PNTC towards the end of the month.

370739e856a7c018946dedac14ee0887.jpg

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Cabelas has the B14 HMR for $850. Might take a look. Been shopping for a replacement truck, so have tuned out rifles for the last week.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    Cabelas has the B14 HMR for $850. Might take a look. Been shopping for a replacement truck, so have tuned out rifles for the last week.

I bought one locally for around $1000. It is a heavy rifle but well made and is accurate. Happy with the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom