• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jojotapp

Apr 24, 2017
    I would appeal that. Licensed Realtor conducting business is enough under their g&s scheme.

Once I got that added, I would appeal all restrictions to the HPRB as a violation of your 2nd, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendment rights.

Join MarylandShallIssue.org for helpful documentation and self/help support.

Thanks, CypherPunk. I'm a member of Maryland Shall Issue and will check out the documentation. My guess is that my only commission statement was a couple of years old they assumed that didn't fit the definition of "conducting business." Thanks for the suggestion.

Wobblenuts

Nov 21, 2017
    Belcamp, MD
    A bit about me: Prior active, currently reserves. Active secret clearance with TS coming very soon (going through investigation now). Drill at Meade. Not sure if I am part of the OPM leak, will need to check on that.

Do I have a shot at getting my permit?

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    A bit about me: Prior active, currently reserves. Active secret clearance with TS coming very soon (going through investigation now). Drill at Meade. Not sure if I am part of the OPM leak, will need to check on that.

Do I have a shot at getting my permit?

When did you enter the military?

RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    Hello all

I am a federal contractor. I conduct background investigations for OPM and a few other agencies I cannot name. I am cleared to a TS level. I have been operating as a 1099 employee but recently formed an LLC. I was just reading up on the process to apply for CCW and understand everything needed and The only problem I see is the letter. I am to write and send a notarized letter explaining why I need the permit but there are no examples given as to what constitutes a need.

I get paid weekly but only through direct deposit, not cash. I do have to go door to door in bad neighborhoods at night.

What constitutes a need in their eyes? Also, do you think the manner in which officer spicer was killed is an appropriate reason for applying? He was shot and killed while canvasing a neighborhood with his badge out, similar to what I do.

In summary, what is a “need” in their eyes

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    Good deal, I just submitted for it. Beyond that, do I need to wait until I have my TS? Or can I start submitting now since it is pending and my S is current?

I would apply now and when you get to the HPRB you can state that your TS clearance is adjudicated or you can have you security manager write a memo stating the TS clearance investigation process.

stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    Just finished my W&C training with Train to Aim in Bowie. Turned in my packet to MSP 15 mins ago. Wish me luck *♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefscs

Sep 27, 2017
    SoMd
    Retired mil, work for DAF in a senior GS position in Logistics (aircraft/wpn systems employment) -- CCW denied and sustained on appeal in Aug. OPM breech was of no importance to MSP. So...I meet the board in Feb. I can't believe the hoops. I did read your notes GlockxRob -- thnx.

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    Just applied...Biz owner

Hi all,

Got the training last weekend, and got app in the mail yesterday. I’m a small business owner with service crews that work outside at night in all parts of Balt and DC., and thought it was time to bite the MD bullet (so to speak) and see if I could get this done. It seems clear that having employees and equipment in dark city alleys (we service restaurant grease exhaust systems) every night wouldn’t be a good enough reason by itself, which I find remarkable, but since I take checks to the bank I should be able to navigate this from what I understand... We shall see. I will keep the group posted

Woody

JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    Retired mil, work for DAF in a senior GS position in Logistics (aircraft/wpn systems employment) -- CCW denied and sustained on appeal in Aug. OPM breech was of no importance to MSP. So...I meet the board in Feb. I can't believe the hoops. I did read your notes GlockxRob -- thnx.
    My g&s is the same, I'm awaiting the MSP denial. Please let us know how the board goes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    So after reading the newest app. It says letters from banks are no longer sufficient. If I drop off and pickup cash from a store to the bosses house and vice versa everyday, do I still have a chance of getting the w&c?

Last edited:

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    Say no. Expunged took care of it. If you say yes, the arrest is back on the record. IANAL.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

This is not as straightforward as it may seem...imagine that.

Having a conviction expunged does not eliminate the fact of having been arrested. It removes the need to positively answer the charge and conviction question, but also often does not seal that information if anyone authorized wants to go have a look. Arrest records are just that...a record of an arrest.

Additionally, usually within the expungement statutes, it will specifically state that it does not remove the requirement to answer in the affirmative related to questions about arrest/conviction when asked specifically by gov't agencies.

This is all why my original court documents from the state of CA 25 years ago are among my most protected documents...who the hell knows who might lose what out there as time goes by or the state sinks into the Ocean...

For me...I'm certainly not going to say I've never been arrested when I have. As long as you are currently in a legal status, and can prove it, you shouldn't risk perjury with the wrong answer hoping they don't find out...

Cheers,
    Woody

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    So after reading the newest app. It says letters from banks are no longer sufficient. If I drop off and pickup cash from a store to the bosses house and vice versa everyday, do I still have a chance of getting the w&c?
    Just get the letter. They know not what they do.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    never has been
    Yeah, I’m no history buff and it’s been over 3 decades since I learned about this stuff (in public school btw), but the Mason-Dixon line was considered the “finish line” wasn’t it? Doesn’t that mean PA is the “Free State”, and MD is the last “non-Free State”? I know it has nothing to do with this particular issue, but Swinokur is correct. Never understood why we call it that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom