• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Zoo, I have never been there but go up that way to York and Harrisburg. Does Gun Bunker have any sizeable amount of old rifles or only a few?

Thanks,

Yes, tons of them, more than 40 or 50. I know it's used guns in the hundreds. A lot of his business is used firearms. It's a small building but it's got a lot. He also keeps abreast of the MD laws because he gets a lot of MD customers in there. Not one of those guys who tells you to pound sand because you're from Maryland if you want a scary rifle that's allowed here.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Zoo, thank you! He's an IP here, but unfortunately never posts. That's one shop I try to visit when up 83, as he tends to have a good selection of all sorts of used rifles. And .35 wouldn't hurt my feelings either, if I happened upon the right one at the right price.

I was actually handling the 336 I told you about. I have special fondness for them because my first centerfire rifle ever was a 336 in .35. Seemed in pretty good shape and functioned fine. Don't remember the price though, sorry.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I was actually handling the 336 I told you about. I have special fondness for them because my first centerfire rifle ever was a 336 in .35. Seemed in pretty good shape and functioned fine. Don't remember the price though, sorry.

Thanks again sir!

My 336 in .30-30 was actually my second ever centerfire. Great rifle, and I like it a lot. But if I knew then what I know now, it too would have been in .35 Remington. :)

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I will never understand why Marlin stopped making the 1894 in 357. I want to pick one up and thread the barrel but the prices for used 357s is rediculous. The 44 is tempting but I would have to buy a 45 supressor to run on it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I will never understand why Marlin stopped making the 1894 in 357. I want to pick one up and thread the barrel but the prices for used 357s is rediculous. The 44 is tempting but I would have to buy a 45 supressor to run on it.

Everyone asks the same question all the time.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Everyone asks the same question all the time.

I emailed Marlin customer service and asked if and when they might start producing the 1894 in .357 again and got this response...

"We are planning to start manufacturing this model in the near future. Unfortunately, we don't have an exact date yet. We would recommend checking the website and back with us on a regular basis for any updates. Thank you for your support!"

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Did you ask them to sell them at walmart for $500 or less while you were at it?

I missed some deals on Marlin 45LC lever actions what were at some Walmart earlier this year.
    The market is clamoring for a 357/38 lever action that is not a Rossi and does not break the bank. I have shot my dad's rossi, machining is a bit tight but it works.
    Rossi just carries a bad name to many.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I did not although I would be happy if they would sell them for the same price as the current 44 mag models. We should all start flooding their email box with requests for information on them. They did specifically ask me to check back with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom