• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Someone asked me how many permit holders are in DE and I don't remember ever seeing that info. Anyone have a number and percentage of population for DE.

The Guide

I can't give you the numbers but there was a gentleman blogger in Delmar Delaware/Maryland - the town too big for one state - who made a sage observation. If you read the Guide, which is a weekly free classified 100 page newspaper that's where everybody posts the legal notice that they have applied for a CDW, and he used to track the number s and it averaged between ten to twenty a week. What he noted was the addresses seem to cover most of the back roads in Sussex and Kent Counties, leading even the most hopeless junkies to realize that if you break into a strangers house on one of these roads you will probably come face to face with a homeowner holding a gun. You can read the Guide online- just search the Guide Delaware. This week has 20 posted under Legal. Multiply that times 52 and for as many years as I can remember, it's a lot. That said, I cannot recall any instance of a violent break in where the residents and the criminals did not know each other, though both often have firearms, so I guess the danger comes from friends and family. Of course you can also subscribe to a couple Gun magazines and then your nosy mail person and the people at the Post Office will get the word around that you have guns, which probably works just as well as ADT.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I don't think the AG's office has ever released that info, but it was reported that every year for the past few, the number of apps has doubled from the previous year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom