• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I bought the Buckmark last year, but only because I will one day inheret a Mark I. Both are great shooters, my next .22 will be a Single Six.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thats always a tough one. Enough to get the features I want, but not go overboard. I'm leaning toward the MKIII hunter.
    I'm going to take a a look at Bass Pro :omg: in the next couple of days and see what they have on sale.

You can also ask them if they have any "specials" in the back room, The buckmark hunter model I bought was not in the case, and ended up being $50 cheaper than they normally sell them for, and a better gun than the standard model they had in the case for the same price. The sale prices they have are great, the beretta 92s were on sale recently, $400 for blued, $450 for INOX, most of the time there are about twice as many models in the back than they have in the case.

DemoDave

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 25, 2008
    Cookeysville
    I have a really nice .22 Beretta. I have probably shot a zillion rounds throug that firearma and it keeps ticking. I let my nephews shoot it because it fits their hands better.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I have a really nice .22 Beretta. I have probably shot a zillion rounds throug that firearma and it keeps ticking. I let my nephews shoot it because it fits their hands better.

My Beretta 87BB is one sweet little gun, but a bit pricey compared to a Buckmark or Ruger.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    stopped by Basspro last night, they have a buckmark hunter just like mine for $329, 6" S&W 41 for $950 and a MKIII 6" stainless fluted for $399;)

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    You can also ask them if they have any "specials" in the back room, The buckmark hunter model I bought was not in the case, and ended up being $50 cheaper than they normally sell them for, and a better gun than the standard model they had in the case for the same price. The sale prices they have are great, the beretta 92s were on sale recently, $400 for blued, $450 for INOX, most of the time there are about twice as many models in the back than they have in the case.

I just signed on so I didn't get this message before I went to Bass pro this morning.
    I bought the Ruger MKIII Hunter today after the sales guy told me the sighting system has to be disassembled on the Buckmarks. He said they shot great, but have that fatal flaw, ands that was enough to sway me.
    Here is the one I bought, $485 out the door (after 8 days anyway):

258L.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    very nice:thumbsup:

The buckmarks do need the top sight rail taken off to clean them out, an allen key is the only tool needed, there is no appreciable movement in POA of the sight, and I only do it every 5,000 rounds or so, the rest of the time, I just brush the bolt face, and breech side of the barrel with a nylon brush, and pull a boresnake through it every time I shoot it, and never had a problem.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Buckmark.jpg

I have a Buckmark - nice little shooter. Buckmark with Tac Sol barrel and TAC65

That Ruger in stainless is beautiful - I want one.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I can say the P22 is a surprising little gun. Not as accurate as the Ruger MK series or Buckmarks, but it's still very accurate. I was popping soda cans at the 25 yard line every shot. Water bottles at 40 yards shared a similar fate. Definitely a fun little plinker.

My only complaint? Gun needed a new recoil spring after around 4-5K rounds... I lost count. What a pile of crap right? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom