• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I have one and like it. It's the one with the 4 1/2" barrell. The 7" model has been discontinued. The mags cheap at CDNN. You can get them even cheaper with a C&R discount.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you can actually buy one for $250, it's an excellent deal. Alas, I've not seen one in-stock at an Internet dealer or local gun shop, ever.

As a first gun I'm using for plinking, I have very few complaints. It shoots quite nicely, it field strips for cleaning very easily, and it has eaten all the ammo I've tossed at it so far. Since the rail is mounted to the barrel, having a second barrel will let you change out both the scope and barrel in one go - handy if you want to shoot using sights on the 4.5", but want a reflex scope on the 6" or 7.5".

Silence

Feb 12, 2009
    Silver Spring
    I have a Neos INOX with a 4.5" barrel and the black and gray grips. It was the first gun I purchased. It is fun and cheap to shoot. Mine won't feed Fiocchi without a stoppage every 10 or less rounds, but it feeds Mini-Mags with no problems. I don't like the take down process with the wheel screw. I would have preferred a take down lever, but it still cleans easy enough. I have a Beretta 92FS now and I am waiting on the Pistol Training.com Smith & Wesson M&P9 special edition, but I'll still use the Neos.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    gunbroker for $189
    That one's not in INOX / stainless steel, if we're talking about the same gun. I'd definitely recommend INOX if at all possible. It looks nicer and should last longer (given how dirty rimfire can get, this seems like a real consideration).

I've used my own Neos with Federal 510 (aka, the stuff you find in bricks) and Stingers - both work quite nicely. I'm planning on shooting some Winchester 333 and Remington Golden Bullets today, so I'll have some reports on those this evening. :)

I have the 7.5" barrel on my own Neos, and while I'm loathe to say "don't buy it", it does make the gun somewhat front-heavy. Of course, it also makes a good conversation starter: "What's that weird handgun with the giant barrel?" I have a 4.5" barrel on back-order from Midway, so we shall see if that improves it a bit.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Winchester 333 and RGBs shoot just fine. Had a single FTE (stovepipe - my first!) with the RGBs, and that was about it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My daughter and I just shot the Neos for the first time at Horst & McCann tonight. My daughter didn't care for it because it was larger and heavier than the Walther P22 that she is really familiar with.

I have to add, where the Neos was not a bad gun-well made and solid and all that-I still prefer the P22. I like the magazine release on the trigger guard of the Walther. It makes it easy when shooting on the fly. I like the compact size, and the comfort of the grip. The Neos seemed a little bulky and clumsy for my taste.

My final verdict on the Neos: it's okay. I would buy one if there wasn't a Walther available.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Resurrection time, because I just slapped a red dot on my Neos, and it looks awesome.

Attachments

• CIMG1450.JPG
      CIMG1450.JPG
      49.1 KB · Views: 145

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads