• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    My 597 came with a 3-9x32 scope and the synth stock is OD for $179 @ Dick's. It was an impulse buy as well. I had been in there to check on 700s and ended up with a .22.

rummy

Jan 11, 2008
    My 597 came with a 3-9x32 scope and the synth stock is OD for $179 @ Dick's. It was an impulse buy as well. I had been in there to check on 700s and ended up with a .22.

ditto.

might get a 10-22 now to sbr and can.

yeyIDF!

Diehart

Trouble Making Gun Geek
    Oct 6, 2007
    Lusby, Maryland
    Put another $600 in it and it can look like this:

110-22005.jpg

110-22003.jpg

Wow, you even replaced the trigger group and have a extended mag release. I just installed a auto bolt release in my 10/22, I hated the stock release. Anyway, very very nice!!!

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville

I looked at that same one this weekend at Dick's up in hunt valley, I ended up impulse buying the 10/22 for 199 instead. I've always been more of an iron sight kinda guy anyway

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    well i tested out at hap baker lastnight and i was impressed. the only bad thing was with all the stuff i was bringing i forgot to bring the mag for it so just the few rnds i shot i had to hand load in the chamber which was a pain in the keester. But out of the box iron sights were dead on, bought a cheap simmons scope at the gun show for 20 bucks, sighted it in just shooting 3 rounds and was hitting 3 inch groups at 50yds. So i am pleased with my purchase and can't wait to see how the wife can shoot it.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    I looked at that same one this weekend at Dick's up in hunt valley, I ended up impulse buying the 10/22 for 199 instead. I've always been more of an iron sight kinda guy anyway

I have a Mossberg 802 bolt for iron sights. for the 597, I'll pick up a couple 30-round mags while I'm in Louisiana in a couple weeks. I bought them from Cabelas and had them shipped to my daughter's house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom