• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So, a while ago I helped my dad, help his friend, who was widowed sell some guns. Now, my mom has a widowed friend who wants to sell a fairly big militaria collection. She has a room full of WW2 and Vietnam stuff, like uniforms, mess kits, pop up tent kits, some boots, holsters, gun stocks, M16 buttstocks and long triangular handguards, cleaning kits, some pistol magazines, canteens magazine holsters, and I think some bayonets. Probably more I am not remembering or seeing. So, I don't think a regular gun store would be into this, and Sonny's Surplus is no more. She wants to sell it in one big bulk lot. Where would we find a dealer interested in that stuff, and are there any shops that won't rip her off? She has a ton of cool stuff, but I don't have the time, money or space for it. Any stores you all know of I should call? She is in Westminster if that helps. Thanks for any suggestions.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    There is a guy who has a shop in the Westminster antique mall that buys old military stuff.

I believe that Yesteryear antique store also has a person who buys.

Also in Gettysburg is a Surplus store. Off one of the roads in the circle.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    There is a guy who has a shop in the Westminster antique mall that buys old military stuff.

I believe that Yesteryear antique store also has a person who buys.

Also in Gettysburg is a Surplus store. Off one of the roads in the circle.

Thank you, I will look into those and let her know

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    you may be able to contact several places, send some pictures. if the collection is fair sized as you say, they may be willing to come to you and examine, and possibly make an offer to purchase as a lot. them traveling may effect the prices, but maybe not. it would be worth a try.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    Contact Redding Auction. They are just north of Gettysburg and specialize in selling military related stuff and firearms.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    She is going to take a beating on prices if sold as one lot. Just from what you describe here, it sounds like some of it may be highly collectable and worth good money.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    She is going to take a beating on prices if sold as one lot. Just from what you describe here, it sounds like some of it may be highly collectable and worth good money.

I expect she will, but her husband collected it, not her, and she was left with it. Because I am the family "gun nut", my mother recommended me to help. She doesnt want to hassle piecing it out, as she wants to clear it out ASAP to make a spare bedroom out of the storage area. I may see if she'll let me try to sell the stocks for her on here. She has 2 wooden M14 stocks, a grey polymer M14 stock, old M16 stocks, Enfield stock, and 2 1903 stocks, a straight and scant stock.

Right now I am just trying to figure out who buys this stuff in bulk. If it were guns I could probably help her better, but WW2/Vietnam stuff I am not so up to date on.

Sirex