• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    Whats the cheapest box of .45 auto someone has seen Recently? Doesn't matter what brand. Just the lowest price you have seen a 50rd box go for lately.

I bought out the small hardware store, only had 3 boxes left for $23.50. Then I go to the Mt. Airy gunshack and it's $30.25!

2 Years ago, it was 15-18 Maybe. Whats happening!!?!?!

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    $19.99, Remington, at Towson Wal-mart several days ago.

That is actually a minor increase, until recently it was 17 or 18.

Keep checking at wal-mart, you'll eventually find it in stock.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    When I got most of mine about 3 years ago, it was $10 a box. And somehow I knew it wouldn't last.
    Calvert County WM's have boxes of 50 rds for around $20 I do believe(when you can find any).

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Thank you, this will be helpful.

However, what is happening? Even Wal-mart is sold out. I asked when they get shipments in, she said everyday at 8 but people are already waiting. Whats going on?? Is it because everyone is hording fearful of Obama or somthing?

Probably a mixture of things, I think at least one large contract was recently awarded to Winchester for several hundred million rounds of ammo for border patrol. Also, Hitlery Clinton told the UN America will support their international gun ban schemes.
    And don't forget Mayor Bloomberg pushing Obama to enact new gun control measures.

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    When I got most of mine about 3 years ago, it was $10 a box. And somehow I knew it wouldn't last.
    Calvert County WM's have boxes of 50 rds for around $20 I do believe(when you can find any).

That's the problem, most the places are completely out, OR have jacked the price for those willing to pay. (I bought one of the $30 boxs of fear that I wouldn't find anymore someplace else)

Ammo is flying off the shelves or uncomfortably high in price. I feel like I should be sleeping with my .45s rather than shooting them.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I picked up a few 50 round boxes of WOLF .45 for $19.99 at Dicks in Gaithersburg a few weeks ago. Dirty ammo though, but my Ruger ate them up. Get em fast though. They never last when they get them in.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I know what you mean.
    I'm definitely not shooting as often as I used to because of those high ammo prices and when I do go to the range, I've been shooting more .22 and black powder guns than anything else. I have a good supply of ammo I purchased at low prices several years ago but I feel like I need to hold on to it and make it last as long as possible.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I got 500 rds of Speer LE Gold Dot Duty Ammunition from Cheaper than Dirt for $225 a couple of weeks ago - was on sale....lots more than Wally but it's my "home" load.

m21att1

Nov 19, 2007
    Whats the cheapest box of .45 auto someone has seen Recently? Doesn't matter what brand. Just the lowest price you have seen a 50rd box go for lately.

I bought out the small hardware store, only had 3 boxes left for $23.50. Then I go to the Mt. Airy gunshack and it's $30.25!

2 Years ago, it was 15-18 Maybe. Whats happening!!?!?!

You can't go to the gun shack to buy ammo, that's for sure. I'm all for supporting a local shop, I've purchased a few guns from them but never ammo, their ammo prices are outrageous.

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Thank you, this will be helpful.

However, what is happening? Even Wal-mart is sold out. I asked when they get shipments in, she said everyday at 8 but people are already waiting. Whats going on?? Is it because everyone is hording fearful of Obama or somthing?

Our Distributors (Several) told us they had a meeting with all the major Ammo Manufacturers in the U.S. just a few weeks ago.

They said .45ACP has several HUGE govt contracts throughout the world now and they are maxed to capacity. They claimed that .45 wont be made for civy use at all for a good year to 3 years.

They didnt explain in detail and I cant prove what they said was true, but I bought a metric crap ton of .45 to feed my weapons till then.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I have been paying $16 at Wallyworld for Federal. WWB runs like $34 for 100, but I don't like WWB. I just check every time I walk into one and now have plenty.

Splitter

ClarkM

Apr 3, 2010
    You can't go to the gun shack to buy ammo, that's for sure. I'm all for supporting a local shop, I've purchased a few guns from them but never ammo, their ammo prices are outrageous.

Where do you personally go for ammo then?

And, Does this mean that I should start stocking up as much as I can now? If so, what other calibers besides .45?

Also, before I post a new thread in reloading, is there anyone or a name that comes to mind that sells their relaoded ammo for a good/decent price that is reliable and/or in the 1 hour radius of Frederick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom