How do you carry your shooting supplies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    From someone who needs to get their poo together. My long gun in a really flimsy nylon metal detector bag. Everything else in plastic grocery bags. :sad20:

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    For my USPSA matches, I use the fabric grocery bags to carry my stuff. They're $1 a pop, they hold quite a bit of ammunition, gear, and handguns, and no one is the wiser where I live.

That's a great idea as I'm in a hi-viz location. I actually think about it because a buddy lost a number of guns to theft from this exact situation.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have one of these 2-wheeled shopping carts:

2-wheel-folding-shopping-cart-w-folding-shelf-silver

The rifles go into their soft cases, and fit in nicely. I also put a range box into the cart. I carry ammo and pistols in a standard gym bag. It can be a little unwieldy, but it works. I also use this cart for pier fishing, substituting the rods and tackle box for the rifles and range box...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    you know there are times that I wonder if carts that I see for golf would be helpful with some modifications or something more like the guys from cowboy action shooting utilize.

I did a modified gold cart for sporting clays. Held two shotguns. Had an open top bin for the boxes of shells were were using and a section between the two guns for extra boxes.

A pice of PVC tube was a chute to a bag for empties. Worked will.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I carry long guns in soft or hard cases, and just carry them to the line. Multiple trips if required. For ammo and accessories, I just a Stanley rolling tool carrier from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-7-in-3-in-1-Rolling-Workshop-Tool-Box-STST18613/203367137

Handguns mostly in soft cases, in a larger bag. The bag also carried magazines and accessories (hearing protection, etc). Ammo goes into the same bag, or if bulk reloads, in a Dillon Border Shift bag.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I carry long guns in soft or hard cases, and just carry them to the line. Multiple trips if required. For ammo and accessories, I just a Stanley rolling tool carrier from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-7-in-3-in-1-Rolling-Workshop-Tool-Box-STST18613/203367137

Handguns mostly in soft cases, in a larger bag. The bag also carried magazines and accessories (hearing protection, etc). Ammo goes into the same bag, or if bulk reloads, in a Dillon Border Shift bag.

I like your idea, I have one of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-...Foam-Roll-Workshop-Tool-Box-020800R/202262088

your tool box is a bit better as it could lay flatter in a truck.

I like your idea about he modified golf cart.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I shoot at AGC. Just back up close to an open spot on the line and unload. Rifles in individual cases, I have a pelican 1500 set up to carry 7 handguns. A range bag, a couple ammo cans. My outing are usually with wife and daughter, so a bunch of stuff.
    I use one of these for handgun mags.https://www.amazon.com/Case-Club-Magazine-Pre-cut-Military/dp/B00X81D98S

I'm going to modify my set up to something closer to this. When I do introduction shoots (with new shooters), should be easier and quicker.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Wife has one of these beach carts. I've commandeered it for hi-power matches but any other time I just make a few trips to the car.

2c902c6235201cd623adc48c517ad7a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I use the same jogging stroller I built into a 3-gun cart for the range and just about every match I shoot.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I like your idea, I have one of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-...Foam-Roll-Workshop-Tool-Box-020800R/202262088

your tool box is a bit better as it could lay flatter in a truck.

I like your idea about he modified golf cart.

I like the idea that yours opens without coming apart. I will have to stop by Home Depot and look at it.

I just took some pics of the shotgun caddy I built. It is in bad shape, as it has not been used for a number of years. But the box on top is for open boxes of ammo being used. The rack on the front is for extra boxes. IIRC, the top will hole up to 6 boxes and the rack on the front will carry 10 boxes. The chute for empties has broken off, but it was a 45 angle of something like 4" PVC.

Not sure why the photos come up rotated, they are correct on my computer.

Attachments

• shotgun caddy.jpg
      shotgun caddy.jpg
      138.5 KB · Views: 179
    • shotgun caddy 2.jpg
      shotgun caddy 2.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 176

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members