Here's something exciting to hold in two hands ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    Guns like that one are just fodder for the anti-gun crowd.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    Yeah. My brother has a Thompson Contender pistol. He bought a .30-06 barrel for fun. I pulled the trigger on that once. Just once.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Personally, I have absolutely no desire to even consider something like this. The recoil, noise, flash, lack of capacity would all be no-go's for me. A bit of a useless toy that wouldn't be much fun to shoot.

One thing I've learned in 50+ years of shooting and collecting guns... If there's a market for it, someone will make it and offer it for sale, it makes no difference how practical or useful it is.

Ever heard of the .500 Linebaugh..?? It's basically a converted Ruger Super Blackhawk revolver that develops Rhinoceros and Cape Buffalo levels of stopping power and muzzle energy. Practical..?? Depends on your point of view I suppose. Fun to shoot...?? Uh, probably not, I've heard that a few people have suffered broken wrists shooting these things, but they're still made and offered for sale as far as I know.

Attachments

• 500lb.jpg
      500lb.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 141

red_

Dec 4, 2016
    I want one even though it's stupid... lol. But... how is it anything like an "AR15" other than the caliber? Is it a break action single shot pistol? What on earth is happening!!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'd shoot it in .223. Recoil is helped by a complete burn of the powder in the barrel. In this gun most of the powder would burn outside the barrel. Big flash and boom. I'd want to do it at an indoor range just because.

Hey Mopar, have you used that (here's something exciting to hold in 2 hands), as a pickup line? Never worked for me....:lol2:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Just a gimmick gun... little practicality. This would be way down towards the bottom of my toy list.

Frankly the way it is marketed turns me off even. Ultimate power in your pocket or whatever crap they are saying. 55gr .223 at 1400 fps ain't much energy. In fact a velocitor out of my Ruger 10/22 has only a little bit less energy. But all that powder burning...yeah, recoil would be nasty and I'd honestly wonder if you'd singe the hair on your hands.

I bet muzzle blast is just a joy.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Cant believe nobody said it yet, but this would be great backup bugout gun or in a BOB.

Think about it, AR-15 in 5.56 is the hands down most popular rifle choice for a Bugout Rifle (Ammo/parts compatability with LE & ARNG being a major factor). Twould be kinda nice having a compact lightweight pistol also chambered in .223/5.56.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom