• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I spent an hour last night checking my 10mm stash. About 500 rounds of mixed LRN and FMJs. I had about 50 that didn't fit the case gauge, so I'll be running them through the Redding Bulge Buster. These are not nuclear loads, they're in a separate can. I still have a couple thousand more to go over again. I just emailed the shop, asking about how long it takes. I will hopefully be heading over to Vienna Arsenal on Saturday to pick it up. In case anyone is interested, here's his site https://www.viennaarsenal.com/

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The shop owner answered my email. It takes 2-5 business days for the distributor to ship out the gun. Not sure how they ship or from where, so maybe I'll have it next week Friday.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I've been looking at the Bruin because of the 6" barrel and also because it's offered in two-tone black and bronze. Simply beautiful, but at that price, I'd also consider the 6" bronze finish Remington R1 10mm. About half the price, just not sure of the R1 itself quality-wise. Hope your Silverback is awesome!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If I read the email correctly, I may be picking this up Saturday. Getting giddy here. I'm really hoping to get a nice tax return, then I can get a 610 again.

ETA: Just got an email saying it's at the shop. Too bad I can't get there until Saturday :(

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    After hearing the weather finalize on freezing rain in the area, I decided to pick her up tonight. I hate driving to Vienna. Anyway, filled out the paperwork, chatted with the owner of the shop for a while, and headed home with my prize. Dan Wesson includes two magazines with their pistol. I'm up to 9 10mm 1911 mags now. The mags that came with the Silverback didn't drop free for a few tries. Not like I'm doing mag dumps with this, but they did eventually drop free, along with the rest of the magazines I have. I field stripped it, which is an adventure in itself. Everything is super tight on this gun, no slop at all. I cleaned out the packing oil and applied appropriate lubricants in appropriate places. The tritium, adjustable sights are a nice touch. The barrel itself is pretty clean. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    70 rounds through, only had one hiccup, which was with a known bad magazine. I need a brass catcher, I only took home 50 empties :mad54:

Attachments

• IMG_20170114_222228026.jpg
      IMG_20170114_222228026.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 43
    • IMG_20170114_222239431.jpg
      IMG_20170114_222239431.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members