Gun Sales Booming: Doomsday, Obama or Zombies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    It's most likely the election and the uncertainty. Obama has been waiting, knowing that it would impact re-election if he tipped his hand. He always supported gun control in past offices and made some mistakes early on by mentioning it. Worst part would be supreme court appointments by Obama, the impact could last 20 years, the rest of some of our lifetimes. Romney is not solidly pro gun either, but he would go with Congress and at least a supreme court appointment would be conservative.

CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    How about the Brady Bill????
    Implemented a 5 day wait on handguns....later changed to the Instant Check System.
    Which in case you forgot....there was NO check before this on shotguns and rifles.

How about his Federal lawsuit settlement with Smith and Wesson. Remember the one that almost bankrupted the company. Forced them to use integral locks, smart gun tech and ballistic fingerprinting.

How about his Executive Orders that banned importation of 50 different types of "Assault Weapons." Or the other EO to ban importation of "assault pistols" and tighten regs on gun dealers. He mostly attacked China, banning almost all imports of guns and ammo from there.

Clinton was carrying the flag for gun control. He signed the Brady and AWB Bills with a smile. He even delayed signing the AWB so that more guns could be added to the list (list updated). He was the most gun un-friendly pres we've had.

As for BO he has Hillary carrying the flag for him where Bill left off,
    U.S. overturns former position

On 14 October 2009 the Obama administration announced in a statement released by Hillary Clinton and the State Department that it was overturning the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed a proposed Arms Trade treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.[7] The shift in position by the U.S., the world's biggest arms exporter with a $55 billion-a-year trade in conventional firearms(40 percent of the global total), led to the launching of formal negotiations at the United Nations in order to begin drafting the Arms Trade Treaty. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a statement the U.S. would support the negotiations on condition they are “under the rule of consensus decision-making needed to ensure that all countries can be held to standards that will actually improve the global situation.” Clinton said the consensus, in which every nation has an effective veto on agreements, was needed “to avoid loopholes in the treaty that can be directly exploited by those wishing to export arms irresponsibly.”

And yet somehow we've all managed to own guns through all of that. Again, I don't consider any of that to be the end of the world, and certainly no reason to go out and start stop piling ammo.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I forget what news program it was just in the last week, but the statistic quoted was xxx millions of guns in this country, enough for 7 per resident (counting legal residents). I for one am glad it is like that. That probably is the one real statistic that lets the rest of the world know, if you come to these shores, you have more than just an army to deal with. Every neighborhood will be ready to defend themselves. Don't laugh, it could happen. Is it likely? No, but I feel better knowing this country does have armed citizens.

The over all gun crinme in this country per captia is no worse than other countries per captia who have out right gun bans. The left are the real hype creators.

Hype definitely sells guns, fear of bans sells guns. I know as soon as the sunset lifted on assault rifles and folding stocks, I bought 3 kits to retro fit the "sporting" guns I was only allowed to buy during the Clinton era.

I do believe, not out of fear or hype, but out of demonstrated speech's and words spoken, if the Obama admin is re-elected, there will be more and more "control" efforts put into place. Why the hell we would ever let the Frackin UN tell us what to do or influence our way of life is beyond me.

Thank god for America and Freedom. Thank God for the Constitution and it's guarantees and really I thank god daily I was not born in places like Syria, lebanon, Afghanistan or FRANCE!

CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    I forget what news program it was just in the last week, but the statistic quoted was xxx millions of guns in this country, enough for 7 per resident (counting legal residents). I for one am glad it is like that. That probably is the one real statistic that lets the rest of the world know, if you come to these shores, you have more than just an army to deal with. Every neighborhood will be ready to defend themselves. Don't laugh, it could happen. Is it likely? No, but I feel better knowing this country does have armed citizens.

The over all gun crinme in this country per captia is no worse than other countries per captia who have out right gun bans. The left are the real hype creators.

Hype definitely sells guns, fear of bans sells guns. I know as soon as the sunset lifted on assault rifles and folding stocks, I bought 3 kits to retro fit the "sporting" guns I was only allowed to buy during the Clinton era.

I do believe, not out of fear or hype, but out of demonstrated speech's and words spoken, if the Obama admin is re-elected, there will be more and more "control" efforts put into place. Why the hell we would ever let the Frackin UN tell us what to do or influence our way of life is beyond me.

Thank god for America and Freedom. Thank God for the Constitution and it's guarantees and really I thank god daily I was not born in places like Syria, lebanon, Afghanistan or FRANCE!

People in Afghanistan certainly have more gun rights than we do!

Blobby

Sep 16, 2011
    We're on the same side, I bet. We both think guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are a solution, not a problem.
    But if we want to convince other people, we have to use hard facts without spin.

+1

5.7 said:
    The over all gun crinme in this country per captia is no worse than other countries per captia who have out right gun bans.

Do you have a source on this? Because I have never seen a statistic like this. I like to see the facts & make my judgements based on them, and this seems like misinformation. See TapRackBang's quote above.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    +1

Do you have a source on this? Because I have never seen a statistic like this. I like to see the facts & make my judgements based on them, and this seems like misinformation. See TapRackBang's quote above.

The sources I have seen to base my comments on are from places like wikipedia (which is not necessrily fact based), talking to my friends who live in England and looking at history stats and other online info avail. I know the internet is not the end all be all, I acknowledge that. I really have a hard time more and more believing anything I read, BUT!

It is clear and proven, the gun crime stats in MD are worse per captia than Va, De., WVa. and Pa. all of which have CCW. That is readily available via federal FBI stats and state stats. MD was rated worse for violent crime than the four surrounding states recently. I understand your point though.

When we were growing up in Georgia, we were always taught, don't mess with people, mind your own business, you never know when the other guy may be packing. I still live by those words today.

Look at terrorism, it is way more prevalent in the EU than in the US. I still say, the US' best defense against the rest of the world is we are an armed society. Can I prove it? No, but numbers are strength and persception is as good as fact for all intents and purposes.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Remember this ?

Or THIS ?

Or THIS ?

Or THIS ?

Or THIS ?

Things that tin-foil hat conspiracies are made of, or a portend of the future ?

I'll take defending against zombies anyday ... at least we'd still have weapons to do so.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    And yet somehow we've all managed to own guns through all of that. Again, I don't consider any of that to be the end of the world, and certainly no reason to go out and start stop piling ammo.

Are you backwards or a troll?

I ask because "we still got to keep our guns" is a BS excuse. If we let them go it will be like in the UK. First semi auto rifles, then pistols, then 22s etc etc.

Think we will still keep our guns? Keep drinking the Kool-Aid if you think that "I'll abide" and "It wont happen here".

The people of Cuba thought Fidel would be great.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    Clinton spoke against guns constantly, first the Brady Bill, then the AWB, then Republicans gained contol of Congress and he couldn't do much. He admitted the NRA cost him his friendly Congress. I remember his frustration and complainig every time something happened with a shooting. He He did stop alot of imports and through his ATF policies put a lot of gun dealers out of business. He was the most anti-gun president of my lifetime fortunately he was prevented from accomplishing much of what he wanted.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Well end of the world is a bit dramatic. But everything he is stating is a fact and steps in the wrong direction. The people who want to take your guns know they just can't come and take them from you. But what they do is slowly chip away at the gun world at large. A little here, a little there. With each of these things they do there are less and less guns the gun guy's and gal's can consider.

Also more and more things you either have to do or times you have to wait to get the guns we can get. Look at machine guns for example. Back when I really started getting into guns in the early 1980's you could buy a very nice and new 45cal Thomson Sub machine gun full auto for around $1500 if my memory serves. After they passed the ban the old guns you can by now cost a small fortune that most people can't afford.

So essentially they did not take these particular guns away but they managed to make it so that Joe average can't buy one.

The anti's are always looking for new creative ways to chip away at our gun rights little by little.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

I'm with you 100% brother

Freak

May 20, 2011
    Gaithersburg MD
    I guess I fit into this category. For me it's really about being more safe then sorry. I was really wanting to just do a Remington 870 and maybe a few handguns. Then after finding this place I have an AR with an Eotech and a Glock.

I guess I fit into this category. For me it's really about being more safe then sorry. I was really wanting to just do a Remington 870 and maybe a few handguns.Then after finding this place I have an AR with an Eotech and a Glock.

I'm with you,I've always been a Lever/Wheel gun type of of guy.I never cared/saw a need for an AR or "plastic" gun,since finding this place and being educated/exposed to them I now have 2 AR's and another stripped lower.:sad20:

No plastic guns though.:D

Back on topic,does anyone know what Reagan's view/stance was on The Brady bill?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one
    designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances
    where all other rights have failed -- where the
    government refuses to stand for reelection and
    silences those who protest; where courts have lost the
    courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their
    decrees. However improbable these contingencies may
    seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free
    people get to make only once."

- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    I see a lot of speculation about what Obama "will do", yet nothing about what he "has done". Obama has signed a law that allows guns to be carried in the national parks, and he’s signed a bill that allows handguns to be checked and stored in baggage on AMTRAK. Why would he do that if he's so anti gun?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Wow ...

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one
    designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances
    where all other rights have failed -- where the
    government refuses to stand for reelection and
    silences those who protest; where courts have lost the
    courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their
    decrees. However improbable these contingencies may
    seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free
    people get to make only once."

- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

I hadn't seen THAT quote before ... and from the 9th ... double-Wow !!!

Like I have always said 2A gives 1A teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom