Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:03 AM #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
Some unsolicited advice: Speak for yourself, John. Five minutes spent on a no BS post in this thread would go a long way toward calming the waters.
And some lame excuse to NOT post is just that...lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
Man, sure hope you mentioned that logging into the forum might be a nice idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb81100 View Post
I'm glad people are finally getting some of their stuff, but can't blame all of the customer service issues on covid. The complaints about him on reddit go back a year.
well...He (ericoak) hasn't gotten it yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossPumper View Post
I was drolling over a few Henry Rifles.I will be by there tomorrow to pick up some parts. I will kindly remind him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
Heís aware.
He's also been logged on....

Attached Images

71Chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:21 AM #102
don't drop Aboma on me

don't drop Aboma on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Chevelle427 View Post
well...He (ericoak) hasn't gotten it yet.

Iím just telling you my experience, if you donít like it I really donít give a shit.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:45 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
Iím just telling you my experience, if you donít like it I really donít give a shit.
LOL...ok.

I was just stating a few facts...not conversing with, or criticizing, you.

jtb81100 said,
"I'm glad people are finally getting some of their stuff"

Fact is, as I stated above, to him...You still don't have your "stuff" yet...

Wish you luck...
71Chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 05:08 PM #104
King Lurker

King Lurker

I've purchased multiple firearms from @GymRatz over the last few years with nary a hiccup. His prices are always significantly lower than other prices that I find plus his shop is 20 minutes from my house. The bulk of my purchases have been impulse buys while in store or as a result of advertisements on this forum (and unsanctioned by Mrs BigJoe) so I've never ordered a firearm from him. I bought so many in fact that John completed the transfer of a long gun that I had purchased from an online seller for $free.99. That goes a long way with me. Sometimes we become a victim of our own success but I digress.

The last item I picked up was a suppressor that was ordered in May 2019 & approved by ATF in late March 2020. Being my first can I was eager to pick it so I stalked the John by calling the shop every week from April when I found out it had been approved until he called me saying that my stamp was finally in. Sometimes I spoke to him and sometimes I did not. I was unaware that the ATF delay in sending out stamps was going over 45 days.

I mentioned all this to say I will continue to do business with Gym Ratz Nutrition until given a reason not to. I hope that John just pops in to say "Hey guys, I hear you and am working to get caught up, sorry for the radio silence". Just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Dr: How often do you see them?
Me: All the time. They're everywhere. You won't tell anyone my secret, right?
Dr: No. I promise.
bigjoegood1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 06:47 PM #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
I've purchased multiple firearms from @GymRatz over the last few years with nary a hiccup. His prices are always significantly lower than other prices that I find plus his shop is 20 minutes from my house. The bulk of my purchases have been impulse buys while in store or as a result of advertisements on this forum (and unsanctioned by Mrs BigJoe) so I've never ordered a firearm from him. I bought so many in fact that John completed the transfer of a long gun that I had purchased from an online seller for $free.99. That goes a long way with me. Sometimes we become a victim of our own success but I digress.

The last item I picked up was a suppressor that was ordered in May 2019 & approved by ATF in late March 2020. Being my first can I was eager to pick it so I stalked the John by calling the shop every week from April when I found out it had been approved until he called me saying that my stamp was finally in. Sometimes I spoke to him and sometimes I did not. I was unaware that the ATF delay in sending out stamps was going over 45 days.

I mentioned all this to say I will continue to do business with Gym Ratz Nutrition until given a reason not to. I hope that John just pops in to say "Hey guys, I hear you and am working to get caught up, sorry for the radio silence". Just my $0.02

This is almost exactly my experience. My only issue was that he was too far away. I've since found a closer LGS that has reasonable prices. They are not in Gym Ratz territory, but time is money.

NRA - Endowment-Life Member
MSI Executive Member
MD Designated Collector
SOTAR Alumnus

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 08:07 PM #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoegood1 View Post

I have as well. Great Prices and close to my Residence.
I have had nothing but great conversations and purchases from John.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:02 PM #107

I have all good or mostly good experiences in 15 or so purchases from them.
Prices are hard to beat. Communication when your outside the store (email, phone, etc) is not thier strong point.

The only real issues I have had are the lack of communication, I have not been there since February but I can imagine it still being an issue probably an even bigger as they get busier. The 3 times I had them order something, two came within 10 days but neither time they did not call me to tell me it had come in and the 3rd one there was a shipping issue that they corrected but took 3 weeks total to get. For the prices I paid I was OK with that.

I have been in there when people have had some not so great experiences, some Gymratz's fault others not.

I think he has a problem handling pressure and/or memory. They are all genuinely nice people in there and its all family members as employees.
I am not making excuses for him, just my observations.

I need to stop in there again sometime soon, though I hear his inventory is low?
jamesp15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM #108

Ripped my brother in law off. Ordered a rifle march of 2019 and strung him along promising the weapon. Weeks ago now promised to refund the money. Nothing. Ignores calls.

Avoid them.
CelticBiggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 PM #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnider22 View Post
I've been trying to get a hold of them for some time now and they seem to be MIA. I purchased a suppressor through them a while back and just found out from calling the ATF this form 4 was approved in November. I've been e-mailing and trying to call them for a while now with no response. Anyone happen to know any other way to reach out to them?
I've been having the same issue. I paid $500+ for a Mossberg 500 Scorpion (TALO Exclusive) 12ga on 12 March. Was told by John Catalano (owner) it would arrive the next week which was before COVID-19 started affecting shipping across the country. The next week I was told it will be two weeks before it arrives. I got the VERY SAME answer every two weeks until 21 May when I finally demanded a refund if he couldn't deliver the shotgun that week. He took my receipt and made a call - came back and said the gun should be delivered in two weeks (haha), I told him that's the same story I've gotten for months and I wanted a refund. Luckily I took a pic of my receipt and invoice, because he never returned it to me. John said he didnt' have the cash on hand and that he would contact his bank and I should expect to receive a check from "...Upper New York with M&T on it." I was ok with that...until I didn't receive the check. One week later I still hadn't received the check, so I emailed John several times and received one reply, "you didn't get the check?" That's the last I've heard from him. I've emailed and called several times since then and have gotten no reply or answer. I won't even go into the process I went thru to buy a HK VP9 from him. I think I need to check with MSP to ensure he actually registered it with the state. It took 6+ weeks to get the handgun after I was told it would only be a week after I paid for it. When it finally did arrive at the store I still hadn't gotten my reply from MSP on the registration (I did the entire process on his iPad at the store - he said everything was good-to-go). So, he calls MSP and they say they never received the application - John told me there must have been an issue with his connection at the time. He goes ahead and give me the gun telling me it's ok and legal, but I'll need to come back to sign the paperwork once the MSP registration is approved in a week or so. I just stored the gun because I knew if I let him hold it the thing wouldn't be there when I came back. This guy comes across as a good dude, but he's a thief/crook. At least that's how I view him after paying $500+ and not getting my shotgun or refund (after being told I would) after nearly FOUR MONTHS...not to mention the whole HK VP9 saga. I served 32 years in the military and recently retired and wanted to get back into sport shooting and having some home protection. Thought I'd give my business/money to a local small business owner. BIG MISTAKE. What a joke this nutrition/gun store is.
joevofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition