• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    :mad54:

Jennifer Wexton(D) just won the congressional seat and beat out Barbara Comstock(R) ending four decades of Republican control. Wexton is a mini Hillary/Obama/Pelosi. I have enjoyed lower taxes in a mostly conservative area of the county. Since I bought my house in 2012, I have seen more and more NY, NJ, and MD people buying houses in my area. It seems they have finally infected my county. Lets hope that we can keep the house and the senate because VA is looking like it will most likely go the way of MD. :mad54:

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

Jennifer Wexton(D) just won the congressional seat and beat out Barbara Comstock(R) ending four decades of Republican control. Wexton is a mini Hillary/Obama/Pelosi. I have enjoyed lower taxes in a mostly conservative area of the county. Since I bought my house in 2012, I have seen more and more NY, NJ, and MD people buying houses in my area. It seems they have finally infected my county. Lets hope that we can keep the house and the senate because VA is looking like it will most likely go the way of MD. :mad54:

sorry

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I started working in Leesburg in 94 after I retired from the Army. Commuted from Myersville. Nice small town, then over the years the influx of yuppies, millennials and soccer moms changed it so much. Nice courthouse and parks. Can hardly recognize the place anymore. Retired in 2014 and occasionally pass thru on my way to Richmond. All the buildup from there to Fredericksburg is unbelievable. Seems like a majority of Virginia is changing...for the worse!

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo

Yeah, was pretty disappointed with that. NoVa just keeps going more and more to the left it seems.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Its so sad. MD is a lib infested s hole. VA seemed like a logical place for me to move. But it is falling apart as well. I love freedom. My options are West Virginia or west

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Its so sad. MD is a lib infested s hole. VA seemed like a logical place for me to move. But it is falling apart as well. I love freedom. My options are West Virginia or west

Yeah, I grew up in a small town in VA and I love VA. I'd love to live there again, if nothing else for the gun laws, but I'm not sure how much longer they'll last.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

If it makes you feel any better (or worse), it's not just Virginia. It's TX, CO, NC, PA, FL, AZ. The liberals are fleeing their shitholes and ruining the rest of the country. Reminds me of a termite swarm.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mabe it might be time then for those who live in VA to move to the southwestern part of VA if you can where it meets, TN,NC and KY. But then those areas have their own problems as well. What ever you do if you are in that part of the state do not call moonshine "white lighting". They will know you do not belong their or was born their.

May 19, 2016
    MD libitards are a virus. Kill the host and move to a fresh victim. PA is getting it too.

This is what I can understand. People move because they are dissatisfied with where they live nd immediately do the same things to change the place to which they moved. Huh??!??1

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

people have been predicting this for years now. PA is going down at about the same speed as well.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Corey Stewart was a very bad and repulsive candidate, he had a failed campaign strategy from the get-go. He came off as too far-right/pro-confederate/pro-Trump for a state like Virginia. Keep in mind Ed Gillespie back in 2014 marginally won Loudoun county in the Virginia Senate and came within 20k votes of winning the Senate race. I wouldn't say Virginia is a lost-cause yet, but the Virginia GOP has been running bad candidates, and the Trump factor hurts their chances state-wide.

With that said, Virginia is definitely a lean-blue state, not a solid-blue state like Maryland. It is still possible for Republicans to win state-wide in Virginia and Ed Gillespie came very close despite his loss and lack of support from the national Republican party. I think the Virginia GOP's best chance is to run candidates like Ed Gillespie and Bob McDonnell, people who are mildly conservative but can still reach out to moderates/independents, and educated suburban people--which is what you must do to raise the vote count in NoVA.

I also think Republicans in Maryland, Delaware, and other states should move out of their blue-states and move to states like Virginia to help recapture them from the Dems. Blue states such as NJ and Maryland are lost-causes, and a Republican living there is wasting his/her time seeking "representation."

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Corey Stewart was a very bad and repulsive candidate, he had a failed campaign strategy from the get-go. He came off as too far-right/pro-confederate/pro-Trump for a state like Virginia. Keep in mind Ed Gillespie back in 2014 marginally won Loudoun county in the Virginia Senate and came within 20k votes of winning the Senate race. I wouldn't say Virginia is a lost-cause yet, but the Virginia GOP has been running bad candidates, and the Trump factor hurts their chances state-wide.

With that said, Virginia is definitely a lean-blue state, not a solid-blue state like Maryland. It is still possible for Republicans to win state-wide in Virginia and Ed Gillespie came very close despite his loss and lack of support from the national Republican party. I think the Virginia GOP's best chance is to run candidates like Ed Gillespie and Bob McDonnell, people who are mildly conservative but can still reach out to moderates/independents, and educated suburban people--which is what you must do to raise the vote count in NoVA.

I also think Republicans in Maryland, Delaware, and other states should move out of their blue-states and move to states like Virginia to help recapture them from the Dems. Blue states such as NJ and Maryland are lost-causes, and a Republican living there is wasting his/her time seeking "representation."

Excellent analysis and recommendations!!

Cyndi59

EXACTLY..well said..has to stomach looking at Wexton,Kaine and Co..where's my Pepto..Bismol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom