• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Anyone know where i can get a specific 5.56/.223 cheap/stock 16" (or 14.5" with pinned flashhider) HBAR upper? Reason i'm asking is so far the few i have found, are quite expensive.

Basically this, but MD legal:

WWUR16LHB-2T.jpg

*BCG not needed

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Del-Ton is solid for the price. I haven’t encountered anyone who’s had an issue.

My pre-10/01/2013 build has one of their mid-length uppers on it and it’s been flawless for me.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Del-Ton is solid for the price. I haven’t encountered anyone who’s had an issue.

My pre-10/01/2013 build has one of their mid-length uppers on it and it’s been flawless for me.

Good to know thank you.

What about 14.7" with pinned/welded flashhider, any thoughts/experience?

Or am i really just going through a lot of trouble for an inch... :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The first post in this thread sets a single parameter , that of inexpensive . Potentially whole lot of other parameters can overlap .

What does "good" mean to you , in the context of this project ? Probably functional ? 4140 vs 4150 vs 416 , chrome lined ? Milspec ? High expectations of accuracy using suitably accurate ammo ?

The go to answer for really inexpensive is to check everyday for the daily specials from PSA . These can be unbelievably cheap , but you have to jump on what you want quickly . But multiply not lending to instant gratification . You have to wait for a daily special to match what you want . It's been noted by many , they are leisurely in building and shipping the cheap on sale items, and probably won't play daily email updates .

The Del Ton in this thread is standard MSRP . For that basic price range , a half dozen or more advertisers in each issue of SGN can hook you up .

Until the recent reshuffling of tables at Chantilly gun show , Tony's Customs LLC was located across the aisle from MSI . You could order ahead of time and pickup at show to save shipping, or Tony assembles them to order on the spot . Subject of course to other walk in orders in the que .

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    The first post in this thread sets a single parameter , that of inexpensive . Potentially whole lot of other parameters can overlap .

What does "good" mean to you , in the context of this project ? Probably functional ? 4140 vs 4150 vs 416 , chrome lined ? Milspec ? High expectations of accuracy using suitably accurate ammo ?

The go to answer for really inexpensive is to check everyday for the daily specials from PSA . These can be unbelievably cheap , but you have to jump on what you want quickly . But multiply not lending to instant gratification . You have to wait for a daily special to match what you want . It's been noted by many , they are leisurely in building and shipping the cheap on sale items, and probably won't play daily email updates .

The Del Ton in this thread is standard MSRP . For that basic price range , a half dozen or more advertisers in each issue of SGN can hook you up .

Until the recent reshuffling of tables at Chantilly gun show , Tony's Customs LLC was located across the aisle from MSI . You could order ahead of time and pickup at show to save shipping, or Tony assembles them to order on the spot . Subject of course to other walk in orders in the que .

Good to know, thanks!

I'll add PSA on my 'daily' website to check for deals. Might get lucky with something interesting!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ronan,

You want is the following:

-Cheapest Upper you can buy
    -Harbor Freight Stamp Set
    -Sledge Hammer
    -Vise Grips
    -Nickle Boron BCG
    -One Piece Gas Ring
    -KNS Firing Pin Retaining Pin
    -KNS Pins
    -3 Extractor ORings
    -Frog Lube
    -1/4" drill bit

Here is how you improve the upper to ANTIFA Milspec:

-Stamp HBAR on Barrel with Stamp Set and Sledge Hammer. If you dent the bore, it's ok. It improves accuracy.
    -Loosen the Gas Key Bolts 1/4 turn. Is allows upper flatulence to help create an air cushion around the Carrier.
    -Install 3 orings on the extractor. No tools allowed.
    -Crimp the Gas Tube with vise grips in 3 places. This is called the Uranus modification.
    -Install One Piece Gas Ring, Titanium Firing Pin, and Firing Pin Retaining Pin. They are awesome!
    -Drill the gas port to .250. you need more gas after the Uranus mod.
    -Fill the entire upper with frog lube. It pairs well with BO and patchouli.
    -Cut your Buffer Spring in half. Now you have 2 buffer springs for other ANTIFA comrades.
    -Reverse the Hammer Spring. Allows more thrusts per squeeze.
    -Install KNS Pins and lubricate with rocksett. You don't want rods falling out of your holes.

Profit

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Ronan,

You want is the following:

-Cheapest Upper you can buy
    -Harbor Freight Stamp Set
    -Sledge Hammer
    -Vise Grips
    -Nickle Boron BCG
    -One Piece Gas Ring
    -KNS Firing Pin Retaining Pin
    -KNS Pins
    -3 Extractor ORings
    -Frog Lube
    -1/4" drill bit

Here is how you improve the upper to ANTIFA Milspec:

-Stamp HBAR on Barrel with Stamp Set and Sledge Hammer. If you dent the bore, it's ok. It improves accuracy.
    -Loosen the Gas Key Bolts 1/4 turn. Is allows upper flatulence to help create an air cushion around the Carrier.
    -Install 3 orings on the extractor. No tools allowed.
    -Crimp the Gas Tube with vise grips in 3 places. This is called the Uranus modification.
    -Install One Piece Gas Ring, Titanium Firing Pin, and Firing Pin Retaining Pin. They are awesome!
    -Drill the gas port to .250. you need more gas after the Uranus mod.
    -Fill the entire upper with frog lube. It pairs well with BO and patchouli.
    -Cut your Buffer Spring in half. Now you have 2 buffer springs for other ANTIFA comrades.
    -Reverse the Hammer Spring. Allows more thrusts per squeeze.
    -Install KNS Pins and lubricate with rocksett. You don't want rods falling out of your holes.

Profit

Cute! :lol2:

Btw, Israel, sigh... amirite? ;)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Good to know thank you.

What about 14.7" with pinned/welded flashhider, any thoughts/experience?

Or am i really just going through a lot of trouble for an inch... :D

They have irked me on a few advertising and price mistakes over the years but I cant complain about their quality for a mid line AR. I have a couple built on their uppers that have run flawlessly for thousands of round. Their finish is also fairly good with the caveat that it doesn't always match well with standard black anodizing if you care about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom