• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    We're off topic here but...…….you are correct. The rifle below inspired the first use of the term....in 1944.

P1130558_zpso7u8kr8i.jpg

operating system is Gas -Pistol long stork.

Not direct impingement gas system as typically society says is AR

Nathaniel

Nathan
    Oct 29, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Everyone should now fly at half-mast wear and carry, In every means and every way. displaying the US flag upside down. in support of Virginia county

Feb 28, 2013
    It's all well and good when the sanctuaries apply to immigration, I guess.

They very well may be flash-points for the next civil war... I'd say, ball is in their court.

Funny... the last one ended where the next one may start. Kinda ironic....

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    My response to them would:

"You laid the groundwork for this with years of praising cities that flaunted immigration laws. You created the concept, now you have to accept your creation."

Very astute observation! We can state that just before we perform our citizen's arrests of them for Sedition.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    When they start tinkering with the awb we will see if they do the Maryland thing. Offer carve outs for various groups. Like LEO. Isn’t that what Maryland did? Cali? (On/off roster, etc) NJ, even congress with LEOSA?

All in an attempt to curry favor.

And maybe fall back to the grandfathering thing to diffuse the largest part of the reaction?

Time will tell.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    When they start tinkering with the awb we will see if they do the Maryland thing. Offer carve outs for various groups. Like LEO. Isn’t that what Maryland did? Cali? (On/off roster, etc) NJ, even congress with LEOSA?

And maybe fall back to the grandfathering thing to diffuse the largest part of the reaction?

Time will tell.

They already played the confiscation card. No one will be dumb enough fall for incrementalism.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I am not sure I’d agree. The dems will dial back a little from the extreme, to Maryland level. Then say, see, we match Maryland, it’s fine. MAryland thought it reAsonable, and the court upheld. It’s good for Virginia too.

So it then comes to how ?gullible? VA folks are, or if they buy the tone down. We’ll find out if you’re correct.

They already played the confiscation card. No one will be dumb enough fall for incrementalism.

Time will tell.

They aren't going to tinker with this bill..it was written either by or with the blessing of Bloomberg's group and they are calling the shots here. They won't compromise..this is all or nothing

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I am not sure I’d agree. The dems will dial back a little from the extreme, to Maryland level. Then say, see, we match Maryland, it’s fine. MAryland thought it reAsonable, and the court upheld. It’s good for Virginia too.

So it then comes to how ?gullible? VA folks are, or if they buy the tone down. We’ll find out if you’re correct.

I also think this is the way they will go. "Nobody's going to kick down your doors, nobody wants to take your guns, grandfather clause says keep every thing you now have. To make Va safe for the kids, we just ask that you register everything you now own".
    "Then we can talk again in the near future". ;)

I think a lot of us are saying, if you want a war, good, lets do it. And I think they are saying the same thing.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    The benefit of your perspective is that it will provoke the fight. Now!

We all know that’s the end game, eventual elimination of civilian firearms.

The more absurd the attempted law, the stronger the resistance.

They aren't going to tinker with this bill..it was written either by or with the blessing of Bloomberg's group and they are calling the shots here. They won't compromise..this is all or nothing

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The NRA-ILA just weighed in: Gov. Northam Bedford Forrest is full of ... “absurdity” on this one, the polite way to say it.

We’ll tell him this when we’re right there next door to him on Lobby Day, you know, shouting distance from his house:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191213/no-gov-northam-your-gun-ban-is-not-constitutional

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

I’m an NRA lifetime member but I’d be happy if they get very little press on this and most of the pushback comes from grassroots organizations like PP, etc. The country needs to see that the people as a whole are bigger, louder, stronger, and more motivated than the NRA. Let’s hope the end result of this is a strong and resolute pushback by the PEOPLE instead of Moms, etc. saying the NRA defeated it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom