• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoons

May 15, 2019
    Hello everyone, I'll be moving to ft. Meade later this year.

I have a question about building AK from parts kits. I understand it cannot be built into a rifle but pistol or sbr is ok. And calibers other than 7.62, rifle config is acceptable.

My question is I have a 100% blank receiver, registered as rifle. Would it be legal to build an sbr from it? I was told you can only sbr from pistol receiver.

Lastly, I understand M1A are not legal in MD. Is that for possession and purchasing? If I purchased in CA and brought it to MD, could I still possess it?

Thank you for input. Moving from one communist state to another is a headache.

Is severn and odenton a good area?

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Welcome from Frederick! I’m sorry I can’t answer your questions but knowledgeable people will reply soon. Our laws are arcane at best. Severn is good enough for Pat Sajak to make his home when not filming Wheel of Fortune. Not sure about Odenton

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

As to your M1A, the important factor is when you aquired it . If prior to Oct 1, 2013 , it is Grandfathered . It would need to be registered with MSP in the same manner as your handguns .

If after Oct 1, 2013 , you're SOL .

But the current model in 6.5CM is approved , as is the Polytech .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join our fight.

wwwmarylandshallissue.org

Attachments

• A177FD1B-54B2-4018-B6D9-14640787C135.jpeg
      A177FD1B-54B2-4018-B6D9-14640787C135.jpeg
      30.4 KB · Views: 182

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome from west of Fredneck! I was transferred from Sharpe Army Depot in 1990 to Ft Myers Va. ended up buy in Myersville due to family. Drove the 70-270-beltway route for almost 4 years. You, my friend, seem to be between a rock (Baltimore) and a hard place (DC). Too bad you can’t commute from Virginia or Pennsylvania. My wife likes to visit the Columbia area due to its little “villages”. Good luck!

tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    Welcome from Rockville / Bethesda! I’ll let others weigh in on the firearm particulars.

Depending on which side of the Fort you will be on, Columbia is a very popular area (especially for the folks with nothing to say about what they do). Variety of price ranges and I know plenty of firearm owners there.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Pat Sajak lives in Severna Park, not Severn. Two different areas completely.

Severn and Odenton both have very nice areas and very bad areas and unfortunately some are located very close together. Get to know the area before you commit.

There's is a lot of new/renovated housing on base. It's been privatized and is available to Military, Civilians, and Contractors.

Welcome. Compared to CA, it's probably a lateral move as far a guns go.

BTW - My parents live in Severna Park and I have met Mr. Sajak several times while running errands for them. Seems to be very down to earth.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Welcome into the frying pan from out of the fire.

I LOL'd at this. It's both sad and true.

Severn and Odenton, in fact everywhere near Ft. Meade has good and bad areas. Buyer beware applies. Since realtors can't tell you which areas to stay away from check local LEO for crime stats or post questions here, you'll get plenty of feedback. ;)

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    Well im suprised no on has said it but if you can try with all your might to get a assignment in some other state 2A infringement is only one of the many problematic issues you will face here in MD..

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Welcome. If you have kids, inquire about the schools that serve the areas of your house search. Ask up here and you'll get good info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom