• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IL SP do annual surveys on states to see if their CCW elgibility rules are the same or "substantially similar"as IL. They used to allow 4 states' residents to apply for IL NR permit.

The IL SP have updated their list. NM, HI and SC dropped. AR, MS, TX added and Virginia retained

The old list is also attached.

Attachments

• illinois.jpg
      illinois.jpg
      12 KB · Views: 306
    • similarsummary.pdf
      45.5 KB · Views: 147
    • similar.jpg
      similar.jpg
      18.8 KB · Views: 277
    Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    3? that many?

Remember this isn't reciprocity. This is the requirement for IL issuing you a non resident permit. IL does not recognize any other state's permit. like MD.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    IL SP do annual surveys on states to see if their CCW elgibility rules are the same or "substantially similar"as IL. They used to allow 4 states' residents to apply for IL NR permit.

The IL SP have updated their list. NM, HI and SC dropped. AK, MS, TX added and Virginia retained

The old list is also attached.

So either Hawaii didn't answer the survey or they loosened their laws?
    This seems completely arbitrary.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A lawsuit was filed asking for a PI against the policy.

denied.

Attachments

• 7thUSCtofAppealsILandIssuingNonResidentPermits.pdf
      276.6 KB · Views: 130
    Last edited:

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    The thing is the NR licenses in those states that have been removed will now how their licenses revoked. And supposedly there were other states that answered the questions the same way as the allowed states and were not considered similar.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I've ignored travel in Illinois for years. No skin off my back. I spend $ where I and my firearm are welcome.

Last edited:

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    As I've said many times before, we're never going to get any reasonable relief from the courts, as they are judging gun laws based on rational basis (even if they call it intermediate scrutiny). Any relief will only come from Congress, but not as long as we have "conservatives" arguing against federal preemption and carry reciprocity based on "state's rights."

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Well, Rep. Hudson's bill HR 38 utilizes the Commerce Clause. So what state's rights claim can be made?

I'm not referring to a Constitutional claim. I'm referring to the philosophical arguments advanced by some conservatives that "the federal government shouldn't be getting involved in permits, because it sets the precedent for them to ban them later." I argue that that precedent was set long ago, and that the left will work to do that with or without our assent or "precedent." Might as well get some benefit now.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    As I've said many times before, we're never going to get any reasonable relief from the courts, as they are judging gun laws based on rational basis (even if they call it intermediate scrutiny). Any relief will only come from Congress, but not as long as we have "conservatives" arguing against federal preemption and carry reciprocity based on "state's rights."

AND that 7th circuit opinion link is rational basis opinion all the way. Let's hope when it comes back from appeal that they actually use at least a true intermediate scrutiny.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    AND that 7th circuit opinion link is rational basis opinion all the way. Let's hope when it comes back from appeal that they actually use at least a true intermediate scrutiny.

I don't recall a single case judged under true intermediate. In every one, the courts entirely deferred to the legislature's determination of "fit" between the regulation and the interest.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I don't recall a single case judged under true intermediate. In every one, the courts entirely deferred to the legislature's determination of "fit" between the regulation and the interest.

Judge Legg's opinion (now vacated) in Woollard was a true use of intermediate scrutiny. There's not many to be sure, but the CA7 opinion only used the words "reasonable", no mention of intermediate scrutiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom