• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Absent any legal issues they may have had, it's never a good thing when a gun store closes especially in lib-centirc locale like Annapolis.

This!

They didn't have great prices but they were a good visible store right in our State's capital. Bought my first AR from them. Probably overpaid, but I had an overall good experience purchasing there.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    The one guy who worked there was nice and helpful. That being said, I've lived here 5 years and never bought a single thing from them.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I for one won't miss them. There are gun shows held at the Annapolis Armory which should suffice as a replacement for their perceived visibility in the State Capital.

Last edited:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    This!

They didn't have great prices but they were a good visible store right in our State's capital. Bought my first AR from them. Probably overpaid, but I had an overall good experience purchasing there.

And that's why it's an absolute crying shame that they weren't a half-decent shop. I think that location was the only reason they were able to survive as long as they did - there's a big newbie population with a lot of money.

My only experience buying a gun here was good until I realized that I'd paid about 35-50% too much, the salesman's talk of "new laws banning semis" was pure BS, and most gun shops don't force customers to stand a 15 minute vigil at the counter before a clerk rolls his eyes and says "do you want something?" Maybe it's different if you're older or fit the profile of what the Armory's staff assumed to be a likely customer, but I was always treated like either a hideous burden or an unwanted pest, even when I was buying something.

When I call Tyler Firearms and their automated message says "being what a gun store should be by defying what others have done," I always think of the Armory as one of those "others" being defied.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    It's a shame to see another store go down no-matter who they are or what your opinion of them is.
    If this keeps up at this pace nobody will be left but big box stores and since they are pretty spread out it means a full day driving to hit 3 stores if you need something for tomorrow's shoot.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have to say that I have had a different experience there. I mostly collect old guns and they usually had something interesting for my collection. I could generally negotiate a deal with them on price, and they have always been gracious and cooperative. Maybe the prices aren't the cheapest, but they know me and they are convenient (less than 2 miles from where I live), and that is worth something to me. I will miss them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For all of their general reputation of being overpriced, think back , I have bought a lot from there that WAS decently priced.

I like being left alone to look , and when I did ask , response times were average , and CS varied from eh to good.

But regrdless of our individul perceptions , having a full service GS adjacent to the State Capitol was a good thing symboliclly.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Hours of operation; When we feel like opening

Prices; min. 50% over msrp

Yep ... Bought my first handgun there. A Heritage Arms (now Taurus) .22lr/.22Mag revolver ... back when they thought that MSRP was starting point, and it went up from there. Never went back ...

tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    I talked to them this am and they had said another shop was supposed to buy them out, but the deal fell through. Don't know who that shop was, but they were a multi location shop. Deal fell through because one of there other stores were having difficulties.

As far as the Armory goes, I bought a lower in there in the height of the chaos and didn't really overpay, and was in there 2 weeks ago looking around. They had a Kimber Solo for $899 which is a great price, Glock 43 for $599 which is kinda high but its rare around here so I get it, Glock 21gen 4 for $575 fair price. Sales staff were friendly. So I don't see the problem. If you want to see overpriced, go to On Target, they have a XDS 3.3 I was interested in and wanted $685 for it, WTF, The Armory was going to bring one in for me for $580, but needed up buying from 2A for much less. Still a shame they are closing, at least they were a good local resource.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I talked to them this am and they had said another shop was supposed to buy them out, but the deal fell through. Don't know who that shop was, but they were a multi location shop. Deal fell through because one of there other stores were having difficulties.

As far as the Armory goes, I bought a lower in there in the height of the chaos and didn't really overpay, and was in there 2 weeks ago looking around. They had a Kimber Solo for $899 which is a great price, Glock 43 for $599 which is kinda high but its rare around here so I get it, Glock 21gen 4 for $575 fair price. Sales staff were friendly. So I don't see the problem. If you want to see overpriced, go to On Target, they have a XDS 3.3 I was interested in and wanted $685 for it, WTF, The Armory was going to bring one in for me for $580, but needed up buying from 2A for much less. Still a shame they are closing, at least they were a good local resource.

FYI, the Glock 43 is rare because it just made the Handgun Roster List. Besides, it still can't be sold until August 10 as discussed in this thread:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3825388

I stopped by the Armory a few times through the years...bought some 8mm Mauser ammo from them a couple times but nothing else.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    I saw a sign out front that said "Closing Sale". Can anyone confirm if it is worth going in and checking things out?

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    They're liquidating inventory. I stopped in yesterday (3 July) and got a good deal on a Diamondhead combat front sight. I paid about ten dollars less than the lowest price I could find on Amazon. I'd recommend stopping in. The young man said they're shutting down the end of this month.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Overpriced and even at the rate hard to stay in business these days with Internet deals and overhead. Just go to Scott's Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie super knowledgeable people who support your rights. One of the guys in there used to manage Bay Country guns - anyone remember that shop ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Absent any legal issues they may have had, it's never a good thing when a gun store closes especially in lib-centirc locale like Annapolis.

That place was overpriced and run by rude gun snobs. Sure, the closing of a gun shop isn't good but that place had it coming. I bought my first FAL from there and it was an ok price. The owner tried selling me a shit Entreprise frankenfal for a hefty sum but I insisted on a DSA and got there retail price on that.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Nevertheless, the mere presence of a gun store sign anywhere keeps the Second Amendment in the public's mind, even when just driving by. Would The Armory haters rather have everything connected to the sport and the right out of sight? Obviously they sold something to someone who wanted it, for quite awhile. I wonder how often curious novices stopped in and became interested, maybe even buying elsewhere after shopping around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom