• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Jul 1, 2012
    Get off your dead asses and go to the auction. DEALS often to be had....:thumbsup: Sometimes you strike out, sometimes you score big! :)

The huge buyer commission and dealing with the FFL transfer on pistols (since it's in MD) is a real turn off, esp. for those of us with FFL-03's. Heck the transfer fee on some of these was almost the cost of the pistol itself. But if I'd known it would be like this... well, yeah I would have gone. I think the flare guns were the real sleepers, some rare stuff there and no FFL req'd.

That isn't auctionzips fault.... that is the actual auction company responsible for submitting bad pics.

yup. they did a terrible disservice to the consignors with crappy pics and very poor descriptions (for those intending to bid online). People that actually went in person said they were much better condition than indicated.

but the point is that AuctionZip just has one unlabeled pic, while Invaluable has the auction houses full set of pics matched with the description - for whatever that's worth in
    this case. Invaluable is just much easier to use and better in all ways as mentioned above :)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I stand corrected, sort of. The link in the OP led to a place to click on photos with no description. The actual AuctionZip bidding site had a description and the same pics as Invaluable.

I continue to be unoffended by buyers premiums. The FFL fees were pretty reasonable $25 for the 1st handgun and 15 for each additional. Long guns were 15 and 5. If you went in person and won the German Makarov for $275, the buyers premium would be 42.

Contrast that with a GB purchase, where the seller has to use his FFL and wants $60 for shipping and your FFL will want $50/60 for the paperwork. And you are never going to buy one these days off GB for $275

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I stand corrected, sort of. The link in the OP led to a place to click on photos with no description. The actual AuctionZip bidding site had a description and the same pics as Invaluable.

I continue to be unoffended by buyers premiums. The FFL fees were pretty reasonable $25 for the 1st handgun and 15 for each additional. Long guns were 15 and 5. If you went in person and won the German Makarov for $275, the buyers premium would be 42.

Contrast that with a GB purchase, where the seller has to use his FFL and wants $60 for shipping and your FFL will want $50/60 for the paperwork. And you are never going to buy one these days off GB for $275

Damn, 25, 15, 15 & 5 is almost free!:eek:

Many auctions up this way to my pleasant surprise has NO buyers premium. I likea that! :) Some however do.... :shrug:

Jul 1, 2012
    OK, that link fooled me too if there was another better one.
    No doubt with hammer prices that low it was a buyers market today and well worth it even with the fees. Oh, and don't forget MD 6% tax.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    OK, that link fooled me too if there was another better one.
    No doubt with hammer prices that low it was a buyers market today and well worth it even with the fees. Oh, and don't forget MD 6% tax.

Yup.... some think they got a steal BUT when you add the adds........ 15%, 6% and another 3 or 4 for use of a CC it adds up bigtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom