• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I have been looking for a reliable 22LR handgun in the 1911 format that will shoot just about any ammo. I have been looking at the Colt / Walther 1911 22LR Rail Gun. I have a POS Sig Mosquito that won't shoot anything reliably, I don't want to make that mistake again. What has your over all experience been with the Colt/Walther. My second question is related to suppressors on this gun. Does anyone have any experience using this gun suppressed? I see the barrel is already threaded does the gun need any other modifications to run suppressed?

jfinlay

Sep 18, 2012
    Have only run about 50 rounds of a Federal hollow point through mine with no issues. Can't answer about the suppressor. Suggestion - make sure you buy multiple magazines as it only comes with one. It has been fun so far.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Isn't the Colt/Walther made by GSG, who makes the Mosquito?

BTW, I picked up a Mosquito that someone was having trouble with. With a good cleaning and lubing, and CCI MiniMags, it functions fine.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The Mosquitos and Walthers are junk IMO. While not exactly a 1911 model go on GB and buy a S&W 422 or 622 and then buy the threaded barrel adapter for about $45, I can tell you where. They are very nice and accurate guns. Extremely light also. Also, any .22 is going to be ammo finicky, it's just the nature of the beast, so plan on trying a few different makes and you'll find one your gun likes.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I have the GSG 1911-22 (same as Sig 1911-22) and love it! I primarily shoot cheap Golden Bullet through it, but fires everything I've tried. Very accurate gun and easy to suppress (next on my list).

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Buy a Ruger 22/45. Not exactly a 1911, but grip angle and controls are the same.

Accurate, reliable and shoot almost any ammo you have.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    a lot of people crap on them but I have the gold cup version and it has been flawless. I enjoy plinking with it. Not sure about longevity but I guess time will tell...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I use a Ciener conversion on a dedicated lower. As long as high velocity ammo is used and it is kept lubed, it runs well.

The only change which may be needed is a very light, or clipped, mainspring to allow proper cycling. They don't include
    this in the instructions but really should. Before I went to the dedicated lower, I assembled a mainspring housing with
    the proper mainspring in it and kept it with the conversion kit itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom